New Dominican livin in the DMV

B

beezy

Que lo que mi gente. I'm new here, living in Northern Virginia near DC. New to the area also, just moved from Hawaii, and grew up in Jersey. I was in the army, now I'm a government contractor. I'm 24, married to a Puerto Rican and we have a 4 year old son. Hoping to make new friends and connect with other dominicans

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dominicano en Jaguai? Ei diache ete mundo si ta modeino.

Welcome to the DR1 'family'...Hope you have a tough skin. These guys can be a tough crowd sometimes. Acquaint yourself with the forum reading through some of the archives. There are about 14 years worth of very helpful discussions, advice, bickering, emotional moments, hilarious moments, and CCCCCCCCCCCCC's

Hazelnut1968

Apr 22, 2014
Hello. I'm retired Air National Guard and live across the river from you, in Maryland. Ping me for local information.

Apr 13, 2011
Welcome - at first I thought you were having problems at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles), but now realize that you mean the Delaware-Maryland-Virginia area... :)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome - at first I thought you were having problems at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles), but now realize that you mean the Delaware-Maryland-Virginia area... :)

Don't feel bad - I read DMZ. For a second I thought he was living in Vietnam or Korea. :ermm:

Feb 7, 2007
I thought living in Department of Motor Vehicles as well.

I used to live in Northern Virginia as well, in Herndon specifically. But that was almost 9 years ago.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Doesn't really matter!
Another, "One & Done" poster.
Over 2 months ago anyway!
Another Dominican with a short attention span,...
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
A post above answers that with Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. All three together aren't as big as most states are.
====================================================
Virginia is pretty large, and used to be lots larger, before West Virginia seceded and got away with it.
I have heard of Delmarva, which it the peninsula that dangles down East of Chesapeake Bay, otherwise known as the Eastern Shore. I lived in WV for three years, in VA for two and MD for one, but did not encounter the abbreviation DMV,