Sosua Preparing For Semana Santa

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

All parties responsible for the safety of the people during the celebration of Semana Santa (Easter-week) recently came together to discuss many issues. During Semana Santa everybody goes to the beaches and riverbanks to celebrate the holidays. The hotels and beaches of Sos?a and Cabarete will also be crowded during this week. Unfortunately, many drink too much during these days with all its consequences.

Present at the meeting were the commanders and representatives of the civil guard, the three police forces, Ministry of Tourism, association of beach bar owners, taxi Sos?a and Cabarete, fire service, ambulance service, churches and Casa Marina Beach & Reef. The issues that were discussed were about road safety, glassware ban on the beach, banning music during the holy days and free passage for the ambulance in traffic accidents. This free passage is especially in Cabarete often problematic because here the roads are completely blocked by traffic during these days. It was noted that the vehicles (ambulance, traffic police and tourist police) have too little fuel available. For this the services want to receive compensation. It was also decided that 'la Playa la Boca' is temporarily closed to the public due to pollution. In short, Sos?a and Cabarete are ready to celebrate Semana Santa in an appropriate way.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Deathcount weekend here again already? How time passes fast here these days, doesnt seem 5 minutes since I was trying to mow a few down on my way home to win the sweepstake.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Drinking too much is not unfortunate, its good for business. Hearing about the big meeting we can all sleep soundly now. Where do I send my money to buy gas for the cops? Re-reading the post I wondered what exactly is the purpose of the churches being represented at a meeting like this? Dont they come into play afterwards to pray for the people who get killed in the celebrations? Who was there to represent the hookers? I know the girls want to put a good face on the "appropriate" celebrations. I love reading these Sosua News public info releases. Good job Ken.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
On a more positive note, they have finally done so e repair works on the main road between Coastal and Perla Marina!
I am still hoping that they will do the next part on to Cabarete but am not holding my breath.
Work was also carried out today on the PP-Navarette highway