Edenorte

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
I have an industrial meter from Edenorte, and the other day the company sent techs who opened up and told me that it hadn't been working properly and was underreporting consumption. The techs assured me that Edenorte doesn't adjust past bills when it is their meter that had a fault. I imagine that that is because there is no way to know when the fault occurred or how much consumption may have not been propertly metered. Then I got a bill for "recuperacion" of the supposed amount not previously charged of RD$59,000. Has anyone had a similar experience?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Go to PROTECOM and follow their instructions for the complaint, solved my problems with the electric company twice.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
their main meter said your sector was consuming so much and they were only recovering less than that. They will adjust your meter to make up the difference. You get to be the lucky sucker that will pay for the idiots stealing power in your sector.

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
their main meter said your sector was consuming so much and they were only recovering less than that. They will adjust your meter to make up the difference. You get to be the lucky sucker that will pay for the idiots stealing power in your sector.

Yes, they did it to me also .... I had a low bill due to the fact we were out of town for the month and they decided to change the meter two months later after my return (without advising me). And gave me a 3000RD amount due because they claim it was broken and didn't charge me enough - now mind you my normal bill when we are in the house all month is around 1700RD. The kicker was they said they sent the meter off to be tested !! hahahah what a joke.
I showed them my passport to prove we were not here - long story, short ........ 8 months later they figured I will not pay it and they took it off.

Good luck !