Selfies and insanity

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Take a lot of selfies? Then you may be MENTALLY ILL: Two thirds of patients with body image disorders obsessively take photos of themselves
One psychologist from The Priory, London, said that talking lots of selfies is not an addiction, but a symptom of Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
While he doesn't think a rise in the number of people taking lots of selfies will lead to more people with BDD, a doctor in Thailand does
One Boston-based psychologist thinks talking lots of selfies is an indicator that someone has a lack of confidence

Read more: Take a lot of selfies? Then you may be MENTALLY ILL | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've only taken 2 selfies in my life so I reckon i'm sane!! :bunny:

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
There may be something in this.

Just about all the local girls I know are always at it....
Therefore.......

(Plus photos of their food for some inexplicable reason..)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
no one is more insecure than the average young with a cell phone. They are obsessed with selfies. Take 500 pictures till they get one in which they are not ugly or fat then rush it off to Facebook to show their friends how great is their life. Cell phones were designed for women so they can spend their lives talking about nothing to people they do not know.

Aug 6, 2006
Take a lot of selfies? Then you may be MENTALLY ILL: Two thirds of patients with body image disorders obsessively take photos of themselves
One psychologist from The Priory, London, said that talking lots of selfies is not an addiction, but a symptom of Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
While he doesn't think a rise in the number of people taking lots of selfies will lead to more people with BDD, a doctor in Thailand does
One Boston-based psychologist thinks talking lots of selfies is an indicator that someone has a lack of confidence

Read more: Take a lot of selfies? Then you may be MENTALLY ILL | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've only taken 2 selfies in my life so I reckon i'm sane!! :bunny:
==================================================

Some people who take lots of selfies may be mentally ill, but mostly it is just about vanity and bragging rights.
A girl spends three hours in a salon getting her hair & nails done, several hours on her clothes and make-up, and the selfie is a testimonial to all that effort, just like the guy who spends hours washing and waxing his car.