How do you play Semana Santa

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Me, i avoid Cabarete like the plague.
I will venture as far as Kite Beach if there's wind but no further.

For those four days i will not venture out on the main road on pasola or bicycle and only in my car if absolutely necessary.

Living in Perla Marina means i have all i need without having to face the masses. A great 'private' beach and a great colmado at Bombita for cold beer.

I think thats all bases covered :)

I do feel sorry for those poor souls who have to face the pandemonium at Cab beach because they work there.

What do others do for the holiday?

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
Latest on thuesday morning I'll be ready to buy ahead all the food for the following days, going to supermarket here in Cabarete.

And on monday, tuesday and wednesday swimming in the Cabarete bay , after this up to following monday enjoying our beautiful garden. We live in a quiet area of Cabarete. Just for sure we'll hear the music from the beach, although ca. 600 m distance.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
We plan on going to Cab Beach to PARTY! Never been before during SS so I am interested to experience it.

Great, make sure you have a room booked, one would have a death wish to get in a motor vehicle this week.

I believe Webbie has a guest house in Pro-Cab with a few extra bunks.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Pool Party Time!

nqqcez2etg.jpg

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The fun has started on Sosua beach. There were 2 gangs of young people on the beach this Sunday afternoon, who had some kind of beef with each other. First the bottles started flying, then one of them pulled out what looked to be a fat 12 inch kitchen knife and stabbed one of the other what appeared to be three times. The kid was still mobile but there was a fair amount of blood. The kid who did the stabbing ran down the beach towards Charamicos but 10 minutes later the police pickup came by with 4 sad looking teens in the back, one of them looked to be the stabber (is that a word?).

I think this coming weekend is going to be interesting. They need more police on the beach.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Weekend dominoe drunks...........
Couldnt agree on the score, the 2 younger ones waited along the dark road for one of the old guys. They gave him a "machetaso" each. The old guy lost a cheek ( but not the one on his face....) and his arm is in bad state........ the old guy managed to stab one of them with a penknife......

The police picked up one of the machete wielding but the other one is still at large......

On a lighter note lots of young ones doing wheelies on the road in front...... one fell flat on his back, gave us all a good laugh ( especially since he was wailong for his mother......).

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I good food shopping on Wednesday and maybe some extra veggies Thursday morning. Then we don't leave the house again until Monday.

Bob K

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The fun has started on Sosua beach. There were 2 gangs of young people on the beach this Sunday afternoon, who had some kind of beef with each other. First the bottles started flying, then one of them pulled out what looked to be a fat 12 inch kitchen knife and stabbed one of the other what appeared to be three times. The kid was still mobile but there was a fair amount of blood. The kid who did the stabbing ran down the beach towards Charamicos but 10 minutes later the police pickup came by with 4 sad looking teens in the back, one of them looked to be the stabber (is that a word?).

I think this coming weekend is going to be interesting. They need more police on the beach.

That is called Spring Break in the DR. Fun and games for all. He who survives the week is the winner. When you go swimming in the ocean be careful of the bodies that washing up on the beach. What would Jesus do, after all this whole week is supposed to be about him, isn't it?????

LTSteve

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I got tricked into going to cabarete this weekend FML. I stopped going to cabarete a couple of years ago. Huge fan of electronica and all but as of the past few years cabarete during SS has gone down the drain. I wanted to do las terrenas and my friends voted me down. They didn't have enough "money" to go to LT uggghhh.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i stay at home. semana santa is a weekend of drink and death. we do the shopping a week before and just chill at home. beaches, pools and rivers are packed with dominicans. the noise is overwhelming, so is the quantity of rubbish.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i stay at home. semana santa is a weekend of drink and death. we do the shopping a week before and just chill at home. beaches, pools and rivers are packed with dominicans. the noise is overwhelming, so is the quantity of rubbish.

We don't leave the house either - living at a beach, we're deluged with people, cars, music. The trash that will be there next Monday will be monumental. Our house won't be empty, we'll have family here with us, one of them is coming out on Wednesday, the others arrive Friday and Saturday. We always make sure we're still in DR for Semana Santa, because otherwise our house would be like Animal House, sleeping bags on the floors and even outside.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the family never visits us (or anyone else in POP for that matter) as many have holiday houses in juan dolio, cabarete, sosua and jarabacoa so no need to invade each other :)
but you reminded me that this thursday we will have a party with miesposo's workers. i think they will be coming here and he will have a bbq on the beach. let's see how it plays out...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
We plan on going to Cab Beach to PARTY! Never been before during SS so I am interested to experience it.

That's me ! I would love to see what every single expat hate with a passion. It has to be seen once !

Please post a report ;)