Heavy Trucks on Independencia

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
WHAT is happening with the all the heavy trucks on Independencia? WHY are they here? I know that they were supposed to get off the Malecon but they were not supposed to come HERE..

Pocos veh?culos pesados circular?n por el Malec?n - DiarioLibre.com

Does anyone.. Picardo?, know if this traffic is going to go away after the new road from Haina to Boca Chica is finished?

I figured it would all at least be lovely and quiet during Semana Santa but all that has happened is that cars have gone and so the trucks have gotten up speed.. and so now the FLOORs are actually shaking.

Oh tell me that it will be over and that I do not have to look for another place to live.

Dandman

May 17, 2004
Not only do they speed and set off car alarms but they use their horns non stop. The noise and vibrations are intolerable.. I may have to change hotels and recommend that others avoid hotels on Independencia.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
The big rig trucks on Malecon and Independencia are the biggest noise polluters around Zona Universitaria...the truck drivers blow their loud horns without a care in the world..disrespecting the people that live in the area. Virtually no traffic lights provides them the incentive to use these roads.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just back from Santo Domingo, and came back via 6 de Nov [we normally go through Haina and Nigua], and they have begun the overpass/bridge over the 6 de Nov. highway. They seem to be working very fast, looking forward to it being completed, those big trucks are a menace!!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
WHAT is happening with the all the heavy trucks on Independencia? WHY are they here? I know that they were supposed to get off the Malecon but they were not supposed to come HERE..
Where else were they supposed to go?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just back from Santo Domingo, and came back via 6 de Nov [we normally go through Haina and Nigua], and they have begun the overpass/bridge over the 6 de Nov. highway. They seem to be working very fast, looking forward to it being completed, those big trucks are a menace!!!!

I wasn't clear, I was referring to the new road from Haina that will bypass Santo Domingo.