Cheapest 1 way to Uk

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Do a search for tripmakers, ask for Sandra, sorry,no longer have their number since i don't travel to jakarta any more. Over all, very cheap! I would pay only 880.00 to jakarta with a hotel in tokyo and this was round trip! Where is your friend coming from and he/she is coming to the dr correct? You said from the dr, think you meant to the dr yes? If nothing on tripmakers, see if any airline as stand by tickets, won't be 100% guarantee for a seat on that given day, but usually is..and its dirt cheap!

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
Do a search for tripmakers, ask for Sandra, sorry,no longer have their number since i don't travel to jakarta any more. Over all, very cheap! I would pay only 880.00 to jakarta with a hotel in tokyo and this was round trip! Where is your friend coming from and he/she is coming to the dr correct? You said from the dr, think you meant to the dr yes? If nothing on tripmakers, see if any airline as stand by tickets, won't be 100% guarantee for a seat on that given day, but usually is..and its dirt cheap!

So sorry the title was not clear. We are looking for the cheapest one way ticket FROM the DR to the UK. Not really terribly interested in Jakarta or a hotel in Tokyo, too far away.

Chateau

Aug 23, 2010
DR to UK

So sorry the title was not clear. We are looking for the cheapest one way ticket FROM the DR to the UK. Not really terribly interested in Jakarta or a hotel in Tokyo, too far away.

British Airways fly from Punta Cana to London Gatwick 3 times a week via Antigua. From November this will be a direct non stop service twice a week. Being a scheduled airline one way tickets should be fine and the price will be
competitive .
This will also be the easiest way to travel as no change of plane needed so no missed connections.
Check out BA.com for prices.
I use BA regularly on this route and find it very reliable. Hope this helps.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
British Airways fly from Punta Cana to London Gatwick 3 times a week via Antigua. From November this will be a direct non stop service twice a week. Being a scheduled airline one way tickets should be fine and the price will be
competitive .
This will also be the easiest way to travel as no change of plane needed so no missed connections.

The standard fare for this flight currently seems to be $1284, which doesn't seem that cheap to me, although going all the way with one airline obviously has advantages. I understand that one of the best ways to go is by Jetairfly from Santo Domingo to Brussels, then Eurostar train to London.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
no, was making a point I got my tickets cheap, normal run to Indonesia at that time was about 2,100 US..I paid only 880.00 with hotel...call them if you can find them, i'm limited with electric here...

competitive .

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
The standard fare for this flight currently seems to be $1284, which doesn't seem that cheap to me, although going all the way with one airline obviously has advantages. I understand that one of the best ways to go is by Jetairfly from Santo Domingo to Brussels, then Eurostar train to London.

Our Friend is travelling on DR Passport with UK entry Visa. I do not think leaving the airport is permissible without Schengen. Condor (PUJ) to Frankfurt then BA to LHR is $310.00. Probably the best. Cannot find connection flight from Brussels. Fare SDQ to BRU via PUJ is €230. Any other ideas?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I would also just check with British Airlines to see if they will sell a one way ticket .. if the UK will allow entry for a student visa holder to enter with a one way ticket. Many airlines will not as some countries will not let one in without proof of ongoing travel.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
evidently he can enter the UK without an ongoing ticket but must be able to prove he can afford one

2. Eligibility
You must prove that you:

are 18 or over
are visiting the UK for less than 6 months, or 11 months if you?re doing an English language course
have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
can pay for your return or onward journey

https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/eligibility

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
evidently he can enter the UK without an ongoing ticket but must be able to prove he can afford one

2. Eligibility
You must prove that you:

are 18 or over
are visiting the UK for less than 6 months, or 11 months if you?re doing an English language course
have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
can pay for your return or onward journey

https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/eligibility

Maybe a visa question will get an airline ticket answer??

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
A very good friend of mine assures me that this can be done and that he has done it. Book a return ticket with Thomson from the UK to DR and back. Book it on line so that the tickets are emailed to you. You obviously don't use the ticket from the UK to here but you can still use the "return" part from here to the UK.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The cheapest way to get to the UK is PUJ to BRU 149Euros, then the Mega Bus to London victoria 30 British pounds.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
A very good friend of mine assures me that this can be done and that he has done it. Book a return ticket with Thomson from the UK to DR and back. Book it on line so that the tickets are emailed to you. You obviously don't use the ticket from the UK to here but you can still use the "return" part from here to the UK.

That dreadful company Thomson seem to not want this to happen. I believe now that if you don't use the 'outbound' leg UK to DR, the return, DR to UK is cancelled.
Has anyone tried lately?

As far as direct UK one-way flights, it would seem you will have to use the scheduled carriers at their exorbitant prices. I haven't found another solution other than by going via Europe or maybe the USA, which brings further visa problems.

The evil Thomson will sell you a DR-UK-DR ticket (around ?550 last time I asked) but you will need some patience to get to someone who can help......