Is this a BS trap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
My lawyers say they have obtained a permit for me to enter the country and that I will not go to a court, and the permit says I cannot be arrested. They say that I will meet a civil judge at her house and a bailiff will sign a paper saying that the property I have in the DR is mine. I could fly in and out the same day.
I trust that paper and the DR Gov. about as far as I can throw them and don't intend to go back to finish my business until my case is archived without possibility of appeal. I would like to hear what Mr. Guzman thinks of this. I did have a plan in case I needed to sign something in Santiago. This was to meet people in the boarding lounge of STI and never actually enter the country.
037.jpg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can't you give your power of attorney to a reputable law firm like Fabio Guzman's and they take care of the transactions etc?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Well, these people are pretty reputable, they are HB's Attys. also and the best in Santiago supposedly.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Why risk your liberty! Give a trusted firm limited power of attorney and let them test the waters. By the end of that day you will know where you stand.

drescape24

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Is a bunch of furniture and some household items worth the risk of being thrown in Jail? What will you do with the stuff anyways maybe sell it for pennies on the dollar..You don't need the money Trainman so move on with your life like you said you wanted to do..But again you ask for advise and you wont listen anyways.

If you feel like returning to a Dominican jail over that Barrio Rat ex wife then go ahead Trainwreck..Ans I hope your brilliant plan works better then your last one..Good luck amigo

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Personally after your experience and bad luck I would simply dowhatever it took not to set foot here again,you can buy new stuff, youmight now make it out of jail next time though.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you need to sign some papers and only you, how about you fly that lawyer with the documents to the states and sign the paperwork there? it will cost you money but getting out of prison again will cost you more.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
So obviously you think the law firm is also at issue, or you wouldn't make that comment.

As I said, get a second lawyer, opinion, if you really think it's important.

I don't think its the law firm exactly, I think someone is pushing them to get me back in the country. Could my lawyer get in trouble if I never returned to face the charges?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You are a glutton for punishment, change your name, address, and delete dr1 bookmark, simple solution.
I am sure the witch and her lawyers read dr1 genius.

I am sure you have BACKPAGE in your town to get a fat ass Latina for a few American Pesos.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Could my lawyer get in trouble if I never returned to face the charges?"

Yes, he will face a firing squad.... Seriously why your lawyer would have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.