Warranty Letter Needed ASAP!

Larry05

Apr 23, 2014
I am a retiree currently applying for a DR residency visa from the USA. For this first phase, I have all required documents prepared and ready to go except the warranty letter, which the local DR consulate general's office here in the USA informs me must be prepared and notarized by a DR attorney, in the DR. They also told me this notarized document can be scanned and attached to an email and sent to me or the consulate general's office from the DR.

Can anyone in this forum advise me on this matter? Does anyone know someone qualified to perform this task for me?

How should I approach this and what costs are involved?

Solid info would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to dr1! What area will you be moving to? That way people can suggest Lawyers in your area.

We contacted the lawyer we bought our house from and I think they sent it via scan and email to the Embassy to get things rolling but I think they also needed the original if I remember correctly. My lawyer didn't charge us but that was because of other stuff he was doing for us as well.

Larry05

Apr 23, 2014
I plan to move to Cabrera, on the north shore. However, my base of operation at this stage of the residency acquisition process will be from a hotel in Sosua. FYI, I have contacted a few attorneys recommended by DR residents but their legal staff speak little or no English. Also, when I contact these attys via email they seem reluctant to reveal their exact fees for services. That makes me nervous.

Hope that helps.

CC, I think this is what he means :

Original guarantor letter in Spanish from a Dominican citizen or legal resident residing in the country whereby he/she is accountable for living expenses and repatriation, with respect to the moral and economic conditions of the foreigner, signed by two witnesses, who shall be the guarantor before the General Directorate of Migration (known as Direcci?n General de Migraci?n) in his/her process of application for temporary residence in the country, duly notarized and legalized in the Attorney General's Office of the Republic (known as Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica).