Spay and neuter campaign for cats and dogs starts today!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For the east coast residents:

Starting today until Monday, 40 volunteer Canadian veterinarians from CANDI (Cats and Dogs International) will be in Veron (Punta Cana) to spay and neuter between 800-1000 cats and dogs for free. They'll be located close to Ferreteria el Detallista and the only requirement is that owners (or volunteers bringing in street dogs) have them on a leash or in a pet carrier. They're also accepting donations such as bed sheets, newspapers, syringes, dog food, etc if anyone is interested in helping. You can find more information on Rescatame's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276724609064889/?ref=br_tf

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
About time somebody helped, great!!! I would certainly join in if there its so far away, and would try to get my dog rocca help in exchange for my help if i could....Thanks for the info

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Rescatame and Collares Rojo do these types of campaigns every 3-4 months in Punta Cana and Bayahibe. They've helped hundreds of dogs and cats to date and work only with donations received and volunteers.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I can tell you for a fact such a program has made a HUGE difference in the La Entrada/Cabrera area...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
For the east coast residents:

Starting today until Monday, 40 volunteer Canadian veterinarians from CANDI (Cats and Dogs International) will be in Veron (Punta Cana) to spay and neuter between 800-1000 cats and dogs for free. They'll be located close to Ferreteria el Detallista and the only requirement is that owners (or volunteers bringing in street dogs) have them on a leash or in a pet carrier. They're also accepting donations such as bed sheets, newspapers, syringes, dog food, etc if anyone is interested in helping. You can find more information on Rescatame's facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276724609064889/?ref=br_tf
Donations well spent...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You can see pictures Rescatame's started posting on their Facebook page. Quite an "operation"...