Require French Speaking, Reading and Writing Customer Service Reps

milo

Jan 27, 2005
Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club is recruiting for Customer Service Representatives who are able to assist our French speaking members. Please see ad in Classified section for information regarding job responsibilities. Resume can be sent to customerservice@lifestyleholidaysvc.com

Aug 6, 2006
The Quebe?ois speak a variety of French which differs enough from the standard Ile de France variety that they sound like hicks. Mostly, the French and the Quebe?ois understand each other. A former French girlfriend of mine, who was born and raised in Burgundy, moved to some frozen mining village in Quebec and despised everything about it. She told me that she thought that the Quebe?ois were annoying and ignorant. My experience was different. I spent about six months teaching English diction to a Quebe?ois with the charming name of Michel Champagne. He spoke English was such a thick accent he could not get a ship pilot's license. He was a friendly fellow who looked as though any moment he might pull a canoe paddle out of his pocket and commence to sing "Alouette, gentile Alouette". After six months he got his license and I guess he has spent the last 30 years or so piloting rich Canadians' yachts down to Florida and back.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I have TV5 monde (a Francophone channel). When they play a program from Quebec, they subtitle in French ! I'd admit I read them :eek:

milo

Jan 27, 2005
Either French from France or other Europen country or Quebecois will be okay.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
quebecois speak french kind of the same way dominicans speak spanish, their own invention of words, and slang. im quebecois and i spreak proper french, not the low class slang french that people refer as quebecois. I am sometimes ashamed of saying i am quebecois with such low class speaking we have a reputation speaking. id rather say im french canadian. :)

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
im french canadian, moving to santo domingo on june 2nd , where is lifestlye holidays vacation club? thank you

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Espa?ol??? Mais non...

Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club is recruiting for Customer Service Representatives who are able to assist our French speaking members.

The place to find them is Las Terrenas, plenty of French speaking residents there.
In fact, there are many who have lived here for 20+ years and do not speak any Spanish... :rolleyes:

donP

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
The place to find them is Las Terrenas, plenty of French speaking residents there.
In fact, there are many who have lived here for 20+ years and do not speak any Spanish... :rolleyes:

donP

Really ? Spanish being related I find it hard to believe. I have yet to meet any French in LT who didn't speak Spanish. They might not want to speak it with you though :)