what happened to GOL Dominicana Airlines?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
There is a GOL that runs from Rio and from Buenos Aires to Santo Domingo, and then flies on to Miami. Not sure if this is the same GOL.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Vanished into thin air just like Sol Dominicana and other projects?

They are having a Dilay, Gol is transforming itself in Brasil, changing the configuration of all the airplanes, so hopefully at the end of 2014 they will start the hub in SDQ.

Actually they have as Gol Brasil

7 x GIG-SDQ-MIA
7 X GRU-SDQ-MCO.

Azul announced that will start services to FLL from Viracopos Intl. Airport and to JFK, then Gol Brasil changed his schedule and starting July will be like this from Rio de Janeiro.

4 x GIG-SDQ-MIA
3 X VCP-SDQ-MIA

We think that maybe in those 3 days they will plan to add service to another destination with stop in SDQ.

GOL Adds Sao Paulo Viracopos – Santo Domingo Service from late-July 2014 | Airline Route

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
their fares from SDQ to South America are ridiculous.

Service to Miami from July will have less flights. 3 from Sao Paolo and 4 from RIO.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
their fares from SDQ to South America are ridiculous.

Service to Miami from July will have less flights. 3 from Sao Paolo and 4 from RIO.

I always compare the prices with Copa and Gol is all the time arround 300.00 dollars cheaper, if you book on time ahead, not today to fly this week or next week.

From Santo Domingo to MIA will continue 7 days, Campi?as is a City close to Rio de Janeiro, where will be taking over of the other 3 flights, also with stop in SDQ.

gandolf50

Apr 17, 2011
I just checked on flights between SDQ and EZE (Buenos Aires) on GOL and while they were fairly inexpensive.... the average flight was over 24 hours with 2 layovers / changes!!!!!!!! Copa for another $100U$D does one change in Panama and can be done in 8 to 9 hours. Not worth the savings in my eyes. And as for connecting flights on Aerolineas Argentinas!! No one in their right minds would fly them. Not if you value your time or life! There is a reason most reputable travel sites refuse to sell their tickets.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I just checked on flights between SDQ and EZE (Buenos Aires) on GOL and while they were fairly inexpensive.... the average flight was over 24 hours with 2 layovers / changes!!!!!!!! Copa for another $100U$D does one change in Panama and can be done in 8 to 9 hours. Not worth the savings in my eyes. And as for connecting flights on Aerolineas Argentinas!! No one in their right minds would fly them. Not if you value your time or life! There is a reason most reputable travel sites refuse to sell their tickets.

Yes that part you are right, to make conection out of Brazil specially to Argentina they said are working to have better schedule, also for the codeshare flights with Aerolineas Argentinas.

I found that where they have better conection time is to Aero Parque, but is not very good either, is like 6 hrs stopover, but sometimes you do it if the price is the correct and you can save, I had make stopover of 4 hrs.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Gol Dominicana was supposed to be a subsidary of Gol and fly from SDQ to Central America, Caribbean and USA, but this project failed as other dominican start-up airlines.

gandolf50

Apr 17, 2011
True, most of GOLS planes are new. I was referring to Aerolineas Argentinas. Their planes are new also since they are leased. They cant use the planes they own because once they leave the country they will be seized to satisfy liens against the banana republic after which they are named. But even though the planes are new, they are not maintained. They are always getting grounded in the US as "Unsafe to fly" and then cant leave until they perform the required maintenance there at the US airport. This of course results in lengthy delays.....