The title to my property is ready. New development. They want $700

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
The title to my property is ready. New development. They want $700. I'm signing my final sales agreement, I've had the property already for 3 years. Does that sound correct you need to pay $700 to actually receive the title?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I didn't pay anything to actually receive the paper. It was all included in the lawyers fees. Those fees were about 100,000 pesos for transfer fees legal fees and all the other fees.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I have Guzman Ariza. I paid my real-estate purchase fees two years ago and it says transfer of the title included. This is the Developers lawyer Castillo and Castillo. They do up the final sales agreement and obtain the title and want 700. I'll call Guzman get this straightened out. Thanks.

Apr 13, 2011
I have Guzman Ariza. I paid my real-estate purchase fees two years ago and it says transfer of the title included. This is the Developers lawyer Castillo and Castillo. They do up the final sales agreement and obtain the title and want 700. I'll call Guzman get this straightened out. Thanks.

What did Guzman Ariza say in response to your question?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
What did Guzman Ariza say in response to your question?

They have a conference call today or tomorrow with the "Developer". I'm not paying it... Sounds like CC mentioned above, a lawyers trick, but the Developer is claiming its a "Govt Charge"... If its for title, I already had that covered with Guzman.. They are the ONLY lawyers on the Island I trust... One other possibility when we all bought our Condos there, the project has told us they "qualified" for a 10 year tax abatement, no land transfer tax and 10 years no property tax.. Maybe the 750 is to register for that? who the fuc knows.. I'll know soon..

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Deslinde

They have a conference call today or tomorrow with the "Developer". I'm not paying it... Sounds like CC mentioned above, a lawyers trick, but the Developer is claiming its a "Govt Charge"... If its for title, I already had that covered with Guzman.. They are the ONLY lawyers on the Island I trust... One other possibility when we all bought our Condos there, the project has told us they "qualified" for a 10 year tax abatement, no land transfer tax and 10 years no property tax.. Maybe the 750 is to register for that? who the fuc knows.. I'll know soon..

Note: Don't use yellow color to accentuate a line. These old eyes have trouble reading it, had to read the quote in the reply box to know what you were communicating.

You have a title almost in hand, get a deslinde ASAP.

Regards,

PJT

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
They have a conference call today or tomorrow with the "Developer". I'm not paying it... Sounds like CC mentioned above, a lawyers trick, but the Developer is claiming its a "Govt Charge"... If its for title, I already had that covered with Guzman.. They are the ONLY lawyers on the Island I trust... One other possibility when we all bought our Condos there, the project has told us they "qualified" for a 10 year tax abatement, no land transfer tax and 10 years no property tax. Maybe the 750 is to register for that? who the fuc knows.. I'll know soon..

fixed it for ya PJT! :D

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
When you get your title you have to pay taxes and the lawyers fees. Your amount sounds very reasonable.
We used Guzman also and ours was more, taxes and lawyers fees, based on the value of the home used
to determine taxes. Which btw is always lower than what you paid. Good old Dom Rep for doing that.
Guzman's office was excellent in breaking down everything we were paying.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have a loan with a cooperative and when I finish paying it off they give me the title free. I understand some types of loan require taxes to be paid but mine was through a saving and loan so it doesn't qualify.

I would also highly recommend San Jose Cooperative to anyone as they treated me very decently given that I went almost three years without paying anything on my home loan.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
First depends if the title is available and when, still the same with the lawyers fees and tax when title is available.

dolcevita

Sep 24, 2008
Thanks Robbie,

well, Titulo is not available for now. In few years maybe. I am confused....

dolcevita

Sep 24, 2008
Thanks Chriss, will do, that's part of my plan. Many properties (condos) around El Cortecito have no titulos yet...but they get sold frequently. I heard "No Titulo", "No BUY" many times as well, yet people do buy....As I said, confusing...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You "MAY", live in a property for 5,or 10 years, or longer, with no title, then you get that "Knock" AT YOUR GATE with a court order to "Vacate" what you THOUGHT was your home!!!!
You will sleep much better when"Guzman" verities, and gets your "TITULO"!!!!
cc

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You "MAY", live in a property for 5,or 10 years, or longer, with no title, then you get that "Knock" AT YOUR GATE with a court order to "Vacate" what you THOUGHT was your home!!!!
You will sleep much better when"Guzman" verities, and gets your "TITULO"!!!!
cc

That EXACT thing happened to one of our neighbors. He lived in his house almost 30 years, until one day a truck pulled up with a bunch of policia in it, and he was thrown out. Someone else in his family laid claim to it, and that was that.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
That EXACT thing happened to one of our neighbors. He lived in his house almost 30 years, until one day a truck pulled up with a bunch of policia in it, and he was thrown out. Someone else in his family laid claim to it, and that was that.

It gets worse than that, my neighbor after living in his Condo for 6 years had a pack of wild dogs show up, one of the Hounds had the deslinde stuck to its collar and the guy was forced to leave.. Nobody can sleep anymore as these wild Dogs are barking all night and partying... Should have CALLED Guzman first......... I think this guy "Called Sal"... :D