Money transfer From DR to the US?

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Hi Everyone!

A friend recently sold my car for me in DR and has to send me the money. Of course he sold the car in RD$ and I would like to to receive the best exchange in dollars...could he change the pesos to dollars over there and send the money to me in dollars? how?

Any suggestions on the best way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Call Western Union, see what fee they charge which will depend of the amount of money your getting...If its a big fee, then do a wire transfer via any bank, have your friend shop around for their rates and of course you can get this money in Dollars. Or, but this would be a long wait...Have him open a Bank account, send you the ATM card, when you withdraw the money over time, you will receive whatever the current Dollar Rates are, but that's wacko, and just a silly thought...What about paypal or Money order?? No matter the method, your getting Dollars if your in the States unless you request it in pesos..

Anthony

Hi Everyone!

A friend recently sold my car for me in DR and has to send me the money. Of course he sold the car in RD$ and I would like to to receive the best exchange in dollars...could he change the pesos to dollars over there and send the money to me in dollars? how?

Any suggestions on the best way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Not totally familiar with Western Union but if he goes through a bank they mayl charge him a fee to convert pesos to dollars and another fee for the wire transfer. The fees could add up to close to $80-$100usd.

LTSTeve

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In all cases I expect you'll see a fee for the currency exchange and for the transfer.

Casa de cambio to get the US $$, then the cheapest bank to wire the money.

Short cuts in this case are hard to imagine....

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
May be more, depends on the amount but at least he has a few options ;)

Not totally familiar with Western Union but if he goes through a bank they mayl charge him a fee to convert pesos to dollars and another fee for the wire transfer. The fees could add up to close to $80-$100usd.

LTSTeve

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I once changed a large amount of pesos into US dollars at a decent rate in Vimenca. But a Cambio would be your best bet.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Sky" and "Skynet", you need to get different "Names", I can't tell you apart, although I believe that "Skynet" is the "Nutty One", right???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
"Sky" and "Skynet", you need to get different "Names", I can't tell you apart, although I believe that "Skynet" is the "Nutty One", right???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I hope so. But I am a little nuts also.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Thanks Guys!

I agree there's no beating around the fee for the exchange then the fee for the transfer :(.......I was hoping there was a way!!

Change it at a Casa de cambio, and then a wire to my bank in the US would be the best way to go I guess...