Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: How do you send Private Message

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default How do you send Private Message

    Sometimes in a message you'll read someone write 'if you want the number of so and so, send me a quick message'
    How do you send a message (email) to another forum member, it seems I do not have this feature available(?)

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jjstone View Post
    Sometimes in a message you'll read someone write 'if you want the number of so and so, send me a quick message'
    How do you send a message (email) to another forum member, it seems I do not have this feature available(?)
    Left click on the name of the poster in the upper left hand corner. If poster has authorized receiving email and PM, in the drop down box it will indicate PM and email. Click on one of those. In your case, I see you are accepting email but not PM since PM is not in the drop down box when I left click on your name

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    On computers there are always at least 2 ways to do anything. At the top of the page next to New Posts it says Private messages. Click on that and then input the victim's user name and fill it out.
    Der Fish
    Good info, but I do not have a PM link at the top of the page. I see where it says New Post. Also, when I click on certain things like my profile, it says I do not have access. Finally, I can't like or dislike anything. I figured I was in a probationary period or waiting for a moderator/admin to give me access.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    15,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa6705 View Post
    Good info, but I do not have a PM link at the top of the page. I see where it says New Post. Also, when I click on certain things like my profile, it says I do not have access. Finally, I can't like or dislike anything. I figured I was in a probationary period or waiting for a moderator/admin to give me access.
    Have you tried what Ken posted? Maybe you have to wait till you have 10 posts. I left clicked on your name and I can't email or send you a pm. Unless you it set up so that no one can contact you. I don't think I've ever had a problem sending a pm to a newbie before.

    The way to fix that is by going under "settings" which is right beside the "profile" icon
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com


  5. #5
    Off Topic - Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa6705 View Post
    Finally, I can't like or dislike anything. I figured I was in a probationary period or waiting for a moderator/admin to give me access.
    Let me know the names and I will give ALL the dislikes you want for you...........lol

    B in Santiago

  6. Likes Harleysrock, melphis, mofongoloco liked this post
  7. #6
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,609
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    Let me know the names and I will give ALL the dislikes you want for you...........lol

    B in Santiago
    Unfair, you can't dislike yourself

  8. Likes waytogo liked this post
  9. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa6705 View Post
    Good info, but I do not have a PM link at the top of the page. I see where it says New Post. Also, when I click on certain things like my profile, it says I do not have access. Finally, I can't like or dislike anything. I figured I was in a probationary period or waiting for a moderator/admin to give me access.
    At the top of the page find "forum actions" and click on the arrow, then click on "general settings". That opens the page where you can indicate that you want to be able send and receive emails and PMs.

  10. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    Have you tried what Ken posted? Maybe you have to wait till you have 10 posts. I left clicked on your name and I can't email or send you a pm. Unless you it set up so that no one can contact you. I don't think I've ever had a problem sending a pm to a newbie before.

    The way to fix that is by going under "settings" which is right beside the "profile" icon
    All good suggestions. Keep them coming. If nothing else, I'll wait for the functionality to kick in.

    I think we're all on to something when we suggest I have to wait to get a certain amount of posts. With this subject alone I could hit the magic number.

    Definitely didn't set up the account to block anyone (at least not yet).

    Tried Ken's suggestion of left clicking. Allows me to view the profile or the user's previous forum posts.

    Tried the settings feature, but get this message:
    Cocoa6705, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

  11. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    At the top of the page find "forum actions" and click on the arrow, then click on "general settings". That opens the page where you can indicate that you want to be able send and receive emails and PMs.
    Appreciate all the tech support here!

    Did that and get this message:
    Cocoa6705, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

  12. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    15,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa6705 View Post
    Appreciate all the tech support here!

    Did that and get this message:
    Cocoa6705, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    You now have 10 posts, try sending me a pm by left clicking on my name
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com


Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO