Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you send Private Message

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa6705 View Post
    All good suggestions. Keep them coming. If nothing else, I'll wait for the functionality to kick in.

I think we're all on to something when we suggest I have to wait to get a certain amount of posts. With this subject alone I could hit the magic number.

Definitely didn't set up the account to block anyone (at least not yet).

Tried Ken's suggestion of left clicking. Allows me to view the profile or the user's previous forum posts.

Tried the settings feature, but get this message:
    Cocoa6705, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Try writing one more post and see what happens after you get past 10 posts. I remember someone talking about a minimum number of posts before access to some functions, not sure if true. But it was not too many. I think it is to keep the spammers away as much as possible, because there are people who log into forums, write one post and then spam a bunch of members by PMs... so I like the idea of a minimum... I think you will get access soon after another post - or a few more...

2. Likes Cocoa6705 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    You now have 10 posts, try sending me a pm by left clicking on my name
    no luck.
    I can see you are offline. Don't think that matters. I tried with members who are online as well.
    I get the option of viewing your profile or previous forum posts.

On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Click on your screen name on the post you just put up. Along a blue bar near the top of the screen you should see “new posts, private messages” and several other options select FORUM ACTIONS” and when drop down menu appears scroll down and click on ENABLE PRIVATE MESSAGING

5 minutes ago I tried clicking on your name to send PM and it wasn't available, looks like you are OK now

Good luck

5. Likes Cocoa6705 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa6705 View Post
    no luck.
    I can see you are offline. Don't think that matters. I tried with members who are online as well.
    I get the option of viewing your profile or previous forum posts.
    I'm invisible so I can sneak up on you but you should still be able to send a pm
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

7. Likes Cocoa6705 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJSantoDomingo View Post
    Try writing one more post and see what happens after you get past 10 posts. I remember someone talking about a minimum number of posts before access to some functions, not sure if true. But it was not too many. I think it is to keep the spammers away as much as possible, because there are people who log into forums, write one post and then spam a bunch of members by PMs... so I like the idea of a minimum... I think you will get access soon after another post - or a few more...
    Agreed.

I tell you what, when I do get access I'm gonna lose my mind with PMs and Likes!

I'm gonna stop now before CC gets wind of these posts. And we know what that means

Post Thanks / Like

yipeeee he made it. I guess you have to wait a min or two after reaching 10
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm up and running with PMs and Likes. Thanks for helping me get there.

Future reference, it does appear to kick in between 10-12 post for new members.

12. Likes Harleysrock, AnnaC, IslandDreaming, Ken liked this post
    On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    We accomplished something today, huh?
    Good job Deryl, your PM Must have blasted through the blockage like Roto Rooter through a clog of shi* seriously, well done

Post Thanks / Like

You might also keep in mind that after x amount of PM no one will be able to send you anymore because your inbox needs to be cleared. Not 100% sure of the amount. For mods it's 2000 but that includes inbox as well as sent. So clean out your boxes once in a while.
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    I'm invisible so I can sneak up on you but you should still be able to send a pm
    You may be invisible..............
    But we all know you are lurking in the high grass................
    Waiting to pounce...........

B in Santiago

16. Likes AnnaC liked this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast