Trip to Sto Domingo in 2 weeks!

crazydope

Jan 7, 2004
Hi all..pretty excited about going back to the motherland after about 5 years. Last time I was there stayed in
Santiago. Havent been in the capital in about 15 yrs. Anyway couple of guys early 30s going for a few days beforewe hit PC for a weekend wedding. Looking for recommendations on hot spots n best bars/nightclubs. Staying close to colonial zone. A friend of mine recently came back n recommended a few places on ave venezuala. Also looking to do a day trip to boca chica..Thanks for any help

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
With a name like crazydope you might want to be careful in Boca Chica and for that matter the rest of the country as well.

LTSTeve

crazydope

Jan 7, 2004
With a name like crazydope you might want to be careful in Boca Chica and for that matter the rest of the country as well.

LTSTeve

huh? Its a screenname on a forum nonetheless..not that serious..lol..been to the country countless times, just not the capital recently. I am dominican and speak spanish fluently..lets not get it twisted..but thanks for the useless response

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In Boca Chica, just find the "Boathouse", it's right on/almost "IN", the water.
Ask for "Frank", he "KNOWS Boca"!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"EASY" on "LT", that was just his way of letting you know, that using, or getting caught "Using", here is a long stay in the Dominican "AI",...."Club Fed"!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
hahahahahaha

Just street lingo for "awesome".

For shizzle!!!!!!!!!!!

crazydope

Jan 7, 2004
Ah ok cool thanks fellas...n yea dont partake in any of that.. Bronxboy hit it right on the head

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
He's Too Old to "BANG" anything ELSE!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(
cccccccccccccccc

Bang Bang!!!!

I would do her too....................... Also, this song came out the year I was born so not tooooooooooooo old!!!!

hahahahahahahaha

[video=youtube;xSHYlSxQyJM]x[/video]

S

Samantha1717

Hi Everyone! Im new here, and im kinda lost on this site. I dont know how to make my own thread. But i really needed some help, sorry to butt in on this topic. But how do you get from santo domingo going to Boca chica? I've heard that you can go on guagua's but i dont know where they are located specifically. How much do they cost? And what are the name of the public beach in boca chica? I hope you guys will be able to give me some information about the transportation and there respective fees. Thank you so much!!!! We dont wanna take the taxi because its way too expensive.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Samantha may I introduce you to Crazydope? You both can go to Boca Chica together :laugh::laugh::laugh:

On a more serious note quick search returned this:

"The terminal is located on Jose Marti which is two blocks from Parque Enriquillo (between Plaza Marti Department Store and Plaza de los Buhoneros) Express buses run every 30 minutes with the fare being $70 Pesos (7/2012). To get to the terminal from Colonial Zone taking a moto concho (public car): Go to the beginning of the Conde in front of Petrus (this is not far from the Pacos Restaurant and the Parque Independencia - on the corner of Palo Hincado and Calle las Mercedes). The cost is about $25 pesos (DOP). The car will travel on Ave. Mella, past the fire station, then turn onto Ave. Jose Marti, and pass directly in front of Parque Enriquillo then on to the front of the terminal (refer to express bus above). You can also ask any taxi driver to take you. They know where it is.Here is where you catch the first bus. You will be taken to another terminal, The Andres bus, here you have to change busses and pay for another bus. The bus will then take you to Boca Chica making the final stop at the park in the center of the town of Boca Chica. Monday thru Saturday you may be able to leave from and be dropped off at Parque Independencia, near the gas station, before 6PM, on the way to the terminal. On Sundays the bus only goes to the terminal at Parque Enriquillo. Note- make sure you catch the last bus out of Boca Chica, ask the driver to be sure of the time, or you will be spending the night or taking a taxi (usually at least $1000 pesos (8/2011) to return back to the city. It really is very simple."

Someone can chime in whether this is still true as this was from 2012.

S

Samantha1717

thanks for answering suarezn, I actually found that information but it was way back 2012 and i really dont know if thats still the same thing today. I'm heading to Boca Chica next sunday, with some friends. I'm just trying to see how to get there since no one will be able to drives us going to boca chica. Do you happen to know the name of the public beach in boca chica? What were thinking is that we could probably ask a taxi driver to drop us off at the station where the guagua's are at. So that it will be a bit easier for all of us. :) You from here suarezn?

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Crazydope--i recommend going to ruinas de San Francisco in the zona colonial on any given Sunday after 6pm. Live music and it's outside. It's a mix crowd tho mostly older but it's very cultural and fun if ur into that type of stuff I'm 30 and enjoy myself a lot there but maybe I'm just old school like that. U can always go to a club after that anyway. It's from 5 to 10pm every Sunday but gets more livelier at 6pm. They sing tribute to the flag at 8pm which is nice...but the party keeps on after that till 10pm. If ur liking the vibe, after 10 there's a bar tht many ppl there go to called casa caribe in the zona as well. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 4, 2012
What can possibly be good at ave Venezuela? I wouldn't waste a penny anywhere near it. So many places to see in DR, ave Venezuela is way down in the place meter.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Av. Venezuela: just 500 meters with one disco after another, you can walk in one after another and you know it in 30 min.
Check also Av. San Vicente de Paul, 150 pesos with taxi from Venezuela.