Rangel celebrates dominican week

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Washington, D.C., - Congressman Charles B. Rangel joined Ambassador de Castro and proud Dominicans in commemorating this year's Dominican Week, celebrating the culture, patriotism, and heritage at the Embassy of the Dominican Republic, where he and a group of Dominican dignitaries acknowledged leading representatives of the Dominican diaspora in the United States.

?Dominicans have been motivated by the value of hard work and the bonds of family ? the same pillars of our society that have supported this Great Nation. Both on the island and in the United States, Dominicans have strived and persevered to become an integral part of the American fabric," said Rangel. "I am truly grateful and proud that my beloved Congressional District, which includes Washington Heights, is home to one of the most hardworking and vibrant people. The innumerable cultural and economic contributions of the Dominican community are certainly a cause to celebrate.?

During the reception Dominican leaders were awarded for being prominent in their respective fields of action, the awardees were? Mino Lora, Robert Abreu, Judge Manuel Mendez, and William Headrick. In attendance were government and other public institutions officials, multilateral organizations and diplomatic representations, in addition to businessmen and professionals related to the Dominican Republic.

"I have always stressed the importance of supporting the relationship between the United States and the Dominican Republic," said Rangel, an early advocate of DR-CAFTA, the first free trade agreement between the United States and a group of smaller developing economies, which eliminated tariffs, opened markets, and reduced barriers to services.

Rangel Celebrates Dominican Week | Congressman Charles Rangel

Apr 10, 2014
I am sure he will receive another piece of property in Punta Cana from the Dominican government as a "gratuity" for his support.