Land in Maimon ?

measy

May 15, 2014
I was wondering, is it too late to find fairly priced land in maimon now that the seaport is under way?

Any one here own land in maimon? I"m from DR but live in US.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I was wondering, is it too late to find fairly priced land in maimon now that the seaport is under way?

Any one here own land in maimon? I"m from DR but live in US.

just curious, but why specifically Maimon?

measy

May 15, 2014
To profit from development you have to be there before the development has started. Nobody now is gonna sell out property that hasn't already tripled in "value."

i was born in puerto plata, my aunt has some land in maimon but its still about atleast 3-5 miles from the seaport.... usually theres alwas some campesino who runs into financial trouble and sells quick...and ill be ready to pounce moo hoo ha ha ha ha :devious:

measy

May 15, 2014
I was really high on buying land and or already built hotel/condo/villa in north coast but after reading thru these forums i've sobered up on the idea....im sure glad i ran into this website

I do have 10 years of experience in hospitality so im sure i will eventually invest in dr

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was really high on buying land and or already built hotel/condo/villa in north coast but after reading thru these forums i've sobered up on the idea....im sure glad i ran into this website

I do have 10 years of experience in hospitality so im sure i will eventually invest in dr

PLENTY of empty hotels to RENT!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

tread carefully. Riu Hotels is one of the biggest hotel operations in the world. their hotel beside the port closed down, so i don't see buying a piece of land to duplicate what Riu failed at as being a good idea.

measy

May 15, 2014
PLENTY of empty hotels to RENT!

hahahah yea the entire north coast has been completely mismanagaed by politicians who im assuming are dead or near death by now.. its sad ....I work in hospitality and besides the usual AI the hotels suck... I always told myself I have enough knowledge to turn things around and bring in more american clientel..but as i grow older and wiser im becoming more realistic.

The villas in the north coast sell out pretty well though so its not all gloom and doom

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
tread carefully. Riu Hotels is one of the biggest hotel operations in the world. their hotel beside the port closed down, so i don't see buying a piece of land to duplicate what Riu failed at as being a good idea.

Really? When did they close down?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
well over a year ago, i believe.

The Riu hotel complex in Maimon is operating. I lodged the dental and medical groups there in March. What did close was the smallest Riu hotel - the Riu Mambo. It is operated now during high season as an annex of the Riu Merengue. They have two Riu Merengues now...Merengue Garden and Merengue Village (I think).

It closes from September until the end of November each year, I think.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
And Playa Dorada is on the upswing. If you're going to invest, now's the time. Ya snooze, ya lose.

measy

May 15, 2014
im done with AI and resorts. I would go the condo or villa route in the north coast