Mailing Mamajuana out of the DR?

F

funkyfresh

Hi, I recently tried to mail some Mamajuana (the dry bag of ingredients) to a friend, and found that DHL, FedEx, UPS etc will not mail Mamajuana out of the DR.

They said something about needing permission (my Spanish isn't amazing)

I couldn't find much info on it here, so a few basic questions:

Are there Mamajuana producers that pass whatever requirements / have the proper paperwork that I could mail their products?

Would I need a registered company to mail it?

Is there some simple paperwork I can fill out, or any simple loopholes, or something I simply missed?

I understand that maybe the receiving country would require taxes or not allow it, but I'm surprised that going outward is a problem. But since the offices could tell me quickly, I'll assume it's a common problem. I have seen a few people selling MJ online, I'm assuming shipped out in bulk to the USA and then sold from there.

Does anyone have any more info on what requirements there would be, what companies are already registered to export if I can export as a 'gift' vs sales, anything like this?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The lumber as I call it is a wood product that might contain insects. Therefore it may not be brought into Canada in dry form. I don't know about US laws. If you fill it full of alcohol then all the potential beasties are dead and the recipient just has to pay duty on the alcohol content.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Dominican wife has smuggled it in via Miami for years straightfaced telling the customs man "nothing to declare". Fills up bottle with alcohol etc. Does it every trip with at least one really big bottle. Wonder if, as the dumb husband who knows nothing, I go to jail too. I try and make sure its in her suitcase. I hate going thru the line with her as I just know that when she gets caught it will be because I looked nervous.

Aug 6, 2006
I have seen people bring it in past Customs here in Miami with no problems. But that was a while ago, before Al Qaeda began converting cucarachas to Islam and teaching them how to blow up stuff.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
The lumber as I call it is a wood product that might contain insects. Therefore it may not be brought into Canada in dry form. I don't know about US laws. If you fill it full of alcohol then all the potential beasties are dead and the recipient just has to pay duty on the alcohol content.

This is exactly correct. It needs to be wet to carry into the US because of the animal parts including turtle balls and dick. Unfortunately, I dont believe you can ship alcohol to the states anymore since 911.

Aug 6, 2006
Booze you can only buy in one airport and get delivered to you as you get off the plane. It has to be in a sealed bottle.

Have you tried finding mamajuana online?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi, I recently tried to mail some Mamajuana (the dry bag of ingredients) to a friend, and found that DHL, FedEx, UPS etc will not mail Mamajuana out of the DR.

They said something about needing permission (my Spanish isn't amazing)

I couldn't find much info on it here, so a few basic questions:

Are there Mamajuana producers that pass whatever requirements / have the proper paperwork that I could mail their products?

Would I need a registered company to mail it?

Is there some simple paperwork I can fill out, or any simple loopholes, or something I simply missed?

I understand that maybe the receiving country would require taxes or not allow it, but I'm surprised that going outward is a problem. But since the offices could tell me quickly, I'll assume it's a common problem. I have seen a few people selling MJ online, I'm assuming shipped out in bulk to the USA and then sold from there.

Does anyone have any more info on what requirements there would be, what companies are already registered to export if I can export as a 'gift' vs sales, anything like this?

YOU CAN NOT SEND THIS THROUGH THE MAIL OUTSIDE THE DR. It is the same for liquor and cigars. Customs will not allow you to ship these items and they will be confiscated. Why would you want to send mamajuana anyway? Is it really work like viagara or do you like the taste of wood?

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
PUJ sells the dry mix in the gift shop on the gate-side of security. I simply put it into my carry-on and keep stepping.

F

funkyfresh

Ok thanks guys... I understand I could carry some back, I specifically am looking to mail it.

I know that the import will have regulations, I'm surprised the export has regulation as well.

Are there no permits or product information that any companies have that will allow it to be exported dry? Do no companies qualify? (I understand the rationale of 'could be critters and disease' - that's why I wonder if there is any protocol for inspection that any companies pass)

If it is mixed with rum (whether by the company or me) can this be mailed then? Just import alcohol taxes then?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Ok thanks guys... I understand I could carry some back, I specifically am looking to mail it.

I know that the import will have regulations, I'm surprised the export has regulation as well.

Are there no permits or product information that any companies have that will allow it to be exported dry? Do no companies qualify? (I understand the rationale of 'could be critters and disease' - that's why I wonder if there is any protocol for inspection that any companies pass)

If it is mixed with rum (whether by the company or me) can this be mailed then? Just import alcohol taxes then?

YOU CAN NOT MAIL THIS OR ANYTHING CONTAINING ALCOHOL FROM THE DR . Plain and simple. Why are you so interested in doing this?