Motorcycle rental in Puerto Plata

P

pilek

Anybody can recommend Enduro motorbike rental in Puerto Plata and know prices (more or less) ?

And second case is MTB (bike) rental availability in Puerto Plata surroundings?

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
I know this is vague...but on the main strip in Cabarete there is a German guy just past the Oshay's Entrance that rents them for $20-$25 a day. He speaks English. They arent the best bikes but plenty of power to fly aroung and go light off roading. The quality of bikes can be hit or miss depending on when you go and what he has available. For the price I have never been disappointed and never had mechanical problems.

P

pilek

Thanks a lot (btw . how can I give a "post thanks"?)
Any suggestions in case of mountain bikes rental ?

Scrabblebiker

Mar 1, 2014
I know this is vague...but on the main strip in Cabarete there is a German guy just past the Oshay's Entrance that rents them for $20-$25 a day. He speaks English. They arent the best bikes but plenty of power to fly aroung and go light off roading. The quality of bikes can be hit or miss depending on when you go and what he has available. For the price I have never been disappointed and never had mechanical problems.

That would be Josef Peuker (Jose). I rented a 125cc Yamaha dirt bike from him for $18/day, based on a 12 day rental. His website can be found by googling Easyrider Cabarete. The bike itself was quite spotty at times so take out a few bikes for test rides before you commit to a particular one. On the other hand there are tons of little workshops (taller) all over the country and the Dominicans are quite handy when it comes to fixing the local machines. I found it hard to find any enduro/dirt bikes larger than 125cc.

Have lots of fun. I rode around on his bike for 1600km's and had a blast.

...Michelle

Last edited:

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Thanks Scrabble that was him... How did I forget Easyrider??? I blame the almighty jumbo.

Concrete2

Dec 11, 2013
I also rented a bike from Josef.
The bike itself was showing its age and abuses but once I figured out the peculiarities of starting it and keeping it running it was great. Did some trips up into the mountains around Jamao al Norte with no problems.
Josef was very good to rent from. Free parking and security at his place when in Cabarete. Sent a service man out to our condo in east Cab when I had a stupid moment starting the bike. Had it running before he got there.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
I just wanna bump this thread. Me and a buddy rented from Easyrider back in May. The owner was nice enough. But the bikes weren't in very good shape. Does anyone know of any reputable businesses on the North Coast that rents motorbikes that aren't BTS (beat to s&%t)?

Thanks.