Minibus or Taxi from Lifestyles Cofresi Palm Beach Resport to Sosua

C

Cigar56

Hi, I would like to take a minibus (preferably) or a taxi from the Cofresi Palm to the heart of Sosua. Can anyone provide step-by-step directions on how to do this?

This will be my first visit to the hotel and the DR. I will be taking a day trip to Sosua to walk around and have a cigar at Cafe Cubano. Not really interested in a private driver or tour.

Thanks!

C

Cigar56

Also, how long should the trip from Lifestyles to Sosua take, and how much should I expect it to cost. Thanks!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
From Lifestyles lobby you walk outside and the Taxis are waiting for you. 38 minutes and about $45 to Sosua.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you want public transport go out to the main road. cross the street. get into a guagua C (or F but this will take you longer as it passes few barrios). ask to be let out at a public hospital (hospital publico, por favor). on the first corner you will see wither carros publicos (normal sedans with a yellow sign stating the ruta on the top), they will be off the main road. or, on the main road, there will be larger guaguas saying "puerto plata - rio san juan"on the windshield. get on any of them and ask to be let out in sosua.

a ride on F or C costs 25 pesos. not sure exact prices to sosua but i think no more than 50 pesos in a guagua. 5 or 10 pesos more for carro publico.

ride to the city is about 15 minutes. 20-25 on guagua F. ride to sosua is roughly 30 minutes but may take more if they stop often.

C

Cigar56

Thanks RV429 and dv8

So dv8, coming back I would find a sedan again in Sosua to the hospital and then take a guagua back to Lifestyles Cofresi Beach?

Many thanks!

web

Nov 5, 2005
Thanks RV429 and dv8

So dv8, coming back I would find a sedan again in Sosua to the hospital and then take a guagua back to Lifestyles Cofresi Beach?

Many thanks!

So going you can take the guagua C for 25 pesos and get dropped off at the parada sosua by the hospital and
take the public cars (purchase 2 seats upfront for 100 pesos or pay for the whole car there for 400 pesos)

Coming back take the public car from sosua and get dropped off at javilla and take a motoconcho for 100 pesosto cofresi