engineering schools in d.r

AtomicPhil

Feb 6, 2012
A, A
hey, i have a question for those who lives in d.r or especially in or around the santiago area. is there any good engineering school in d.r or any at all? im looking forward into naval engineering or mechanical. and if so is it in egnlish? i prefer english but i can do spanish also thanks. also im looking for a list of community colleges like the ones in the u.s where they have courses you can take such as electricity, learn about green energy like solar panels, wind etc.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are engineering degree programs at PUCMM in Santiago. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Telecommunications, Industrial.
There are no community colleges.
You can study electricity, per se, at Infotep, a school run by the government that teaches pretty good practical stuff.
Stuff like green energy and other renewable energy systems are generally part of the curriculum for engineering degrees in fields like civil or electrical engineering.

All classes are in Spanish.

HB

May 12, 2005
hey, i have a question for those who lives in d.r or especially in or around the santiago area. is there any good engineering school in d.r or any at all? im looking forward into naval engineering or mechanical. and if so is it in egnlish? i prefer english but i can do spanish also thanks. also im looking for a list of community colleges like the ones in the u.s where they have courses you can take such as electricity, learn about green energy like solar panels, wind etc.

Not in DR but for naval architecture it is the top school.

Webb Institute | Welcome to Webb Institute!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Regarding engineering, keep in mind that any engineering school would have to have it's courses approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or one would not be eligible to sit for the FE nor much less the PE exam.

Fortunately, according to my information ABET has accepted the PUCMM courses so this is not an issue.

BTW, I am a registered professional engineer in the US and have studied at PUCMM and can vouch for it's quality education.