Need directions from Santiago to Navarrete...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Need to get to Navarrete from Santiago via public transportation. Here are the instructions I've received...

Go to "la parada del expreso de Navarrete". Tell the driver to take you to "la rotonda".

I need to know where to take this bus (what street) and what type of bus will take me there. Is it one of those publicos?

How long is the ride from Santiago to Navarrete? Does anyone know where "la rotonda" in Navarrete is and what it looks like?

Does Caribe Tours go to Navarrete?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 7, 2014
yep, easy, easy. Javilla Tours is at the Rotonda. It is the roundabout where Avenida Sadhala meets 27 Febrero. The buses are listed as Navarette Express or Navarette-Villa Gonzalez. You cant miss it because there are only 2 bus depots there. Aetra or Espinal or something like that but they have BIG busses and Javilla Tours which has smaller white buses. And all the street vendors are there also selling pineapples and wiper blades and whatnot.
If you want to get there you need to take the carro publico Ruta A in the direction of Colina Mall get out close to Sadhala at the Claro store or when he makes the turn at the Hotel Rotonda stop.

Another option is waiting for the bus on Cucurillo Street and 30 de Marzo Street. Dont know where you are staying to tell you how to get there on foot but that is just as easy. Where are you staying?

Apr 7, 2014
So anyway, more...La rotonda isnt in Navarette but in Santiago, covered that. Time to get there? About 30 minutes after the bus leaves the depot. It wont leave until it is full though, so be prepared to wait.
Caribe doesnt go there.
In Navarette, the buses have their FINAL stop at the public square or public park across the street from the village church or town hall. You cant miss it because in a 4 sided park, two sides are for taxis and 2 sides are for buses or those raggedy intervillage guaguas.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Come to think of it, I didn't even think about staying in Navarrete. I was planning on staying in Santiago for a couple of days and making a day trip over there.

Are there any hotels in this town?

Apr 7, 2014
in Navarette? Hahahahahah! they got hotels but seriously Bro....F'dat! those hotels in these towns are awful. CHEAP but awful!!!! I mean, listen, you can stay in a hotel for about $6/night. But to us they dont feel like hotels but endearing jail cells like Mom used to make, if you catch my drift. Staying in a small town hotel is like being in a dubbed Soviet Union bootleg version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. There is probably a hotel or two in the town square or close to it but man...bring your own towel, blanket and pillow. And you will probably find the floor more comfortable than the bed. And DONT get the room with the TV, it costs more but it doesnt work.

Where are you staying in Santiago? I can give you directions from all the reputable hotels on how to get around. From the non-reputable hotels, not so much.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I don't know about the hotels in Santiago, so any recommendations would be much appreciated, seeing as staying in Navarrete could be out of the question.

Here is the dilemma I didn't consider-hanging out in Navarrete at night. It just crossed my mind that it may be a good idea so I could meet some people I wouldn't meet if I had to leave town early.

Apr 7, 2014
The rotunda in Santiago is not the same Rotunda as Navarette. They are about half an hour apart.

Yea, the Rotonda in Santiago is a major traffic intersection. The rotonda TO navarrette is a traffic circle and bus stop. But since he wants the express he is going straight TO nAvarrette and wouldnt get out at the Navarette Traffic circle.

If you stay at the Colonial Hotel the bus depot is at the end of the block. You can walk out the hotel make a right and get to the depot in 11 seconds. Read the windshield to see which bus is going to Navarrette express. If you stay at Hotel Platino it is a straight shot up Sadhala to the Rotonda on the Ruta M car. From the other hotels it is just a walk to 30 de Marzo down Calle del sol or Las Carreras or take the A car up the road like I said on page 1.

Apr 7, 2014
I don't know about the hotels in Santiago, so any recommendations would be much appreciated, seeing as staying in Navarrete could be out of the question.

Here is the dilemma I didn't consider-hanging out in Navarrete at night. It just crossed my mind that it may be a good idea so I could meet some people I wouldn't meet if I had to leave town early.

Hillbilly knows the guy who owns the Colonial Hotel and they did do some remodeling last year. If you can rough it out then staying overnight in Navarette is good. Just keep your stuff in a bigger hotel in Santiago and then bring a little travel bag with you to Navarette(you know, toothbrush, personal grooming stuff, change of clothes). You can stay and take advantage of so on and so forth like you want to, but I warn you now....it is boring there. The men are boring, the women are boring. You will go there on a Saturday and spend the night until Sunday. All they will do is play loud merengue and drink beer. It is nothing against Navarette but all the small towns are the same. But for $6 that hotel aint that bad. I mean, look man, the soft ass mattress is bad for my back but if your lady-friend joins you then you will have nothing to worry about. If you do this, most likely it will be a weekend trip anyway because they wont have any leisure time there until the weekend.

I got a hotel for you, I ll send you the phone number in a PM when I find the card tomorrow morning. Tell them I sent you. They have nice rooms, and are centrally located.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

Javilla Tours not the best option as they serve the route Santiago/ Puerto Plata... He will be off at la entrada de Navarrete where will be force to take a second transport or a Motoconcho, Expreso Liniero cut Navarrete from one side to the other.

Any Voladora will be fine for a 20 minutes trip.

JJ