Innocent wherever they go.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
With all due respect this guy accepted responsibility and turned himself into police and stated that he was defending himself from the much larger Italian who was determined to start a fight with him.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think it was a bad luck. accident. and it looks like the kid is really in pieces over this. is seems the victim simply cracked his head when he fell unconscious. that can happen even if you slip on the bathroom floor.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i think it was a bad luck. accident. and it looks like the kid is really in pieces over this. is seems the victim simply cracked his head when he fell unconscious. that can happen even if you slip on the bathroom floor.

Exactly, I thought the same thing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Exactly, I thought the same thing.

many years ago my grandmother died in a car accident. the man who killed her was still a bit drunk from the night before. my mom told me that he was really broken in court, devastated. my family did not push the case further on civil basis. mom said he was punished enough.

sometimes bad things happen. thousands of men all over the world are punched in the face every single day and they only end up with a bruised jaw and ego.

Apr 7, 2014
He sucker punched the guy. I BET he gets a 2nd degree homicide charge, involuntary manslaughter.

Sent from the Federation Starship Pastrami.

Last edited by a moderator:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
New York
A Dominican (19) hit an Italian tourist fatally with a stroke of fist.
The Dominican's mother said: "Mi hijo es inocente".
He was released on bail.

Liberan con fianza a dominicano que mat? italiano de un pu?etazo en Nueva York - DiarioLibre.com

donP

One should know that once they have been reduced to violent action against another that anything can happen and often does. Professional fighters who have trained 8-10 hours a day for years have been killed by a single blow so it can happen to anybody. One will never know whether a fight will end up being just another fight or a fight-to-the-death so unless whatever the fight was about was worth either killing over or dying over it would have been far preferable to reason through the problem.

I hope the young Man shares the lesson he's learning with others of his age group.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
New York
He was released on bail.

Liberan con fianza a dominicano que mat? italiano de un pu?etazo en Nueva York - DiarioLibre.com

donP

donP this title for your thread is TOTALLY UNFAIR!!! Where did you read this guy was NOT a New Yorker????? News Flash some Dominicans in NYC were BORN & RASIED there. How do you know he ever left the DR????? All Dominicans are NOT from the Dominican Republic some have never set foot in the DR believe it or not.

As for the story how many times have I stated "the mouth" can get people in a world of trouble, too bad the victim did not know about DR1 a place where he could talk as much sh*t about Dominicans and remain safe and sound.

I am sorry this guy lost his life but "the mouth" loves to write checks the A$$ cannot cash!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
New York
He was released on bail.

donP

If the family of the Italian man want justice, they will need do it outside the law. If I were them I'd gather intel on the 19 year old, figure out where he lives or works, then put out a contract on him and send someone here to the DR to take care of him. You can't expect Dominicans to prosecute their own. But if I were the Italians I would do it Mafia style, just put a hit on the Dominicano.

There are a lot of ways the Italians could retaliate. They could use an attractive woman to lure him into an ambush. Or hire a sniper. Poison could also be affective. But seriously had this 19 year old killed an Italian that was "connected" or "made" he'd just vanish and no one would ever find his remains.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
With all due respect this guy accepted responsibility and turned himself into police and stated that he was defending himself from the much larger Italian who was determined to start a fight with him.

Yeah........but, he may be lying. See if this happened in the USA this guy would have to go through a trial to determine if it was justifiable homicide. But the DR and its BS legal system lets the locals get away with murdering foreigners, whether it is accidental as in the case of the crappy DR plastic surgeons that kill their patients, or in the case of a fight as with this kid.

If the Italians want justice they will simply have to do it the "gangster way." Thats how I'd do it. If this kid took out someone I cared about, I'd get revenge even if it took 20 years. I'd learn everything about him and then I'd hire someone to get him. If foreigners want justice in the DR that is how they will get it. You have to do it yourself. When foreigners retaliate against the locals then maybe they will take things seriously.

Aug 6, 2006
This was clearly an accident. The Dominican did not want to kill anyone. Justice is more than just an eye for an eye.

It is not as though Dominicans are running about killing foreigners with one punch.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
many years ago my grandmother died in a car accident. the man who killed her was still a bit drunk from the night before. my mom told me that he was really broken in court, devastated. my family did not push the case further on civil basis. mom said he was punished enough.

sometimes bad things happen. thousands of men all over the world are punched in the face every single day and they only end up with a bruised jaw and ego.

Your family is too nice, Dv8. You know who John Gotti was, right? Well, back 1980 a neighbor accidentally ran over his 11 year old son and killed him. The Driver was sad about it, but guess what? That didn't stop Gotti from making him pay. The man who hit his son vanished and his body has never been found...

I believe in an eye for an eye. If a drunk driver hit someone I care about, his sadness would not be enough for me.....I would want his life....the idea of him continuing to breath while my grandmother isn't is too sick to stomach. The idea of him continuing to enjoy life while your grandmother can't, he continues to eat, sleep and f*ck and watch the sun come up and down each day, and your grand mother lies in the cemetery.......

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
From the word on Arthur Ave the deceased was a bit of a partier. He had been out on a drinking coke binge and was harassing people walking by on the street to buy him a beer. While the defendant may not be as innocent as Chip I dont think he was looking to kill the guy.
Usually when one goes looking for trouble they find it. Interestingly enough he was visiting a girl that he had met while in the DR.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
This was clearly an accident. The Dominican did not want to kill anyone. Justice is more than just an eye for an eye.

It is not as though Dominicans are running about killing foreigners with one punch.

LOL. Whatever. I read in the news a few months ago that a Dominican plastic surgeon accidentally killed an American woman who came here for surgery. Yeah, it was an accident, but there should still be consequences. And that Dominican surgeon faced none, just as this kid faced none and so many other Dominicans face no consequences.

Don't make excuses for them. If you "accidentally" kill someone in the USA guess what you are still in deep sh*t. But in the DR it is okay for a local to kill a foreigner and not even get a slap on the wrist. But let me tell you, if a foreigner accidentally kills a Dominican, especially a kid or a woman, lets see how much mercy Dominicans show to that foreigner.....

Read the news Xavier! A British woman accidentally ran over her Dominican boyfriend and it was an ACCIDENT but she is still in a Dominican prison right now begging and pleading. When a foreigner kills a Dominican you can be damn sure Dominicans will toss you in prison asap but when a Dominican kills a foreigner the locals could care less. Like I said foreigners need to get their own justice, even if that means contacting a hitman.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah........but, he may be lying. See if this happened in the USA this guy would have to go through a trial to determine if it was justifiable homicide. But the DR and its BS legal system lets the locals get away with murdering foreigners, whether it is accidental as in the case of the crappy DR plastic surgeons that kill their patients, or in the case of a fight as with this kid.

If the Italians want justice they will simply have to do it the "gangster way." Thats how I'd do it. If this kid took out someone I cared about, I'd get revenge even if it took 20 years. I'd learn everything about him and then I'd hire someone to get him. If foreigners want justice in the DR that is how they will get it. You have to do it yourself. When foreigners retaliate against the locals then maybe they will take things seriously.

DS this happened in NYC up in the Bronx not in DR.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
From the word on Arthur Ave the deceased was a bit of a partier. He had been out on a drinking coke binge and was harassing people walking by on the street to buy him a beer. While the defendant may not be as innocent as Chip I dont think he was looking to kill the guy.
Usually when one goes looking for trouble they find it. Interestingly enough he was visiting a girl that he had met while in the DR.

I'm not defending the Italian guy. I didn't know him. He was probably a partying imbecile just as you say who got what he deserved.........BUT, my point is this. When a foreigner kills a Dominican, the Dominicans are sure to toss that person in prison whether it was accidental or not. When a Dominican kills a foreigner, they don't even get a slap on the wrist, and thats BS.

Everything I'm saying is well documented. Go Google the British chick that accidentally ran over her Dominican boyfriend, she is in prison here in the DR. Now, I read about a Dominican plastic surgeon that kills his American patient, all they did was shut down his clinic. I read about another Dominican doctor that kills a 6 year old American girl by giving her too much anesthesia, and does he get in trouble? No! Over and over again Dominicans get away with murder.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm not defending the Italian guy. I didn't know him. He was probably and partying imbecile just as you say who get what he deserved.........BUT, my point is this. When a foreigner kills a Dominican, the Dominicans are sure to toss that person in prison whether it was accidental or not. When a Dominican kills a foreigner, they don't even get a slap on the wrist, and thats BS.

Everything I'm saying is well documented. Go Google the British chick that accidentally ran over her Dominican boyfriend, she is in prison here in the DR. Now, I read about a Dominican plastic surgeon that kills his American patient, all they did was shut down his clinic. I read about another Dominican doctor that kills a 6 year old American girl by giving her too much anesthesia, and does he get in trouble? No! Over and over again Dominicans get away with murder.

DS - what is wrong with you?? This did NOT happen in DR, stop with your rant right now. And the British woman "accidentally" ran him over TWICE. Don't mention it again.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
DS this happened in NYC up in the Bronx not in DR.

I didn't know this. But still, the USA should do Dominicans like they do foreigners here. They should toss the guy in jail without trial just to make a point. Of course I know this won't happen. It just amazing me the double standard that exists. I even read in the news about Dominicans get free healthcare back in the states, seriously? Do foreigners get free health care here?