Long Term Rentals In Samana - Any Other Suggestions ?

W

williamwt14

I am looking at a longer term stay in Samana and have tentatively narrowed it down to either the Alta Vista apartments on the top of the Samana Hills or the Buchen Apartments which looks like a nicer location and complex. Trip Advisor has a couple of negative things to say about the operators of the Buchen apartment but there was nothing at all on the Alta Vista.

Does anyone have any feedback on either of those locations. Or, does anyone have any other suggestions for a longer stay apartment in the same similar area on a budget of 350.00 to 400.00USD a month
Im also not afraid ofa 15 to 20 minute walk into town for greater value at a lesser price will ALL the same amenities
The pool is not a must.

The Buchen includes pretty well everything...AC, WiFi, full kitchen, lcolor TV
bottled water and cleaning/laundry twice a week

Thx for your time

W......

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I am looking at a longer term stay in Samana and have tentatively narrowed it down to either the Alta Vista apartments on the top of the Samana Hills or the Buchen Apartments which looks like a nicer location and complex. Trip Advisor has a couple of negative things to say about the operators of the Buchen apartment but there was nothing at all on the Alta Vista.

Does anyone have any feedback on either of those locations. Or, does anyone have any other suggestions for a longer stay apartment in the same similar area on a budget of 350.00 to 400.00USD a month
Im also not afraid ofa 15 to 20 minute walk into town for greater value at a lesser price will ALL the same amenities
The pool is not a must.

Thx for your time

W......

Any particular reason you want to be in Samana City area? I could suggest nicer areas to be on the Samana Peninsula?

W

williamwt14

Hi Steve. I am open to any areas on the Peninsula especially Las Terranes which I understand has much more going on. However, I haven't found much at all with regards to long term rentals that are within my budget of 350 to 400 a month including electricity in that area.
If you have any suggestions or contacts it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers and thx

W....

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Steve. I am open to any areas on the Peninsula especially Las Terranes which I understand has much more going on. However, I haven't found much at all with regards to long term rentals that are within my budget of 350 to 400 a month including electricity in that area.

Cheers and thx

W....

No, I doubt you will find anything that is decent in LT for $350-400usd per month including electricity. Electricity alone will run you a minimum of $100 per month. Go to lt7.com which is the on line version of the LT bi-weekly newspaper. They have a classified section. You may find something. Good luck

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Long term rentals in Samana City

The pool is not a must.

Thx for your time

W......

Hi William,

I have heard that Alta Vista Apartments is opening a second building apartment with 3 brand new apartment units. ( Called Alta Vista 2 ) which means everything will be brand new : appliances, furniture, flat screen television, ac, wifi and a large veranda on the top of the building with views of Samana.

Also another option directly in town of Samana, is Aire y Mar Apartment. Its a bit lower price at around $350 a month. Great location, only 2 minutes walk to the Malecon and Marina of Samana.

Keep in mind that during low season here in Samana, from May 1 to November 1, you can easily bargain with the renters and negociate a 10 to 15% discount on regular rates.

JON
Living resident of Samana City
for the last 5 years.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Hi William,

I have heard that Alta Vista Apartments is opening a second building apartment with 3 brand new apartment units. ( Called Alta Vista 2 ) which means everything will be brand new : appliances, furniture, flat screen television, ac, wifi and a large veranda on the top of the building with views of Samana.

Also another option directly in town of Samana, is Aire y Mar Apartment. Its a bit lower price at around $350 a month. Great location, only 2 minutes walk to the Malecon and Marina of Samana.

Keep in mind that during low season here in Samana, from May 1 to November 1, you can easily bargain with the renters and negociate a 10 to 15% discount on regular rates.

JON
Living resident of Samana City
for the last 5 years.

Do the two pizza trucks still park on the Malecon in the late afternoon??? I would spend so much time sitting in front of those trucks eating the bad pizza and flat soda, but I LOVED every second of it.

I love every single part of Samana City it is my favorite part of the DR hands down. You are a LUCKY man I would love to spot in SC to hangout on a regular basis. It reminds me of Costa Rica .

BTW I met so many wonderful people in Samana and they are so friendly and helpful. 5yrs man I jealous.

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Yes, the town of Samana is a great place to live or retire.

Do the two pizza trucks still park on the Malecon in the late afternoon??? I would spend so much time sitting in front of those trucks eating the bad pizza and flat soda, but I LOVED every second of it.

I love every single part of Samana City it is my favorite part of the DR hands down. You are a LUCKY man I would love to spot in SC to hangout on a regular basis. It reminds me of Costa Rica .

BTW I met so many wonderful people in Samana and they are so friendly and helpful. 5yrs man I jealous.

Hi William (JMB773),

Yes, the town of Samana is a great place to live or retire .....
I am VERY LUCKY to be living here full time.

Regarding the 2 PIZZA TRUCKS on the main street facing the Malecon, now things have changed a bit.
1 of them ( Called MANA PIZZA ) has rented a round PIZZA HUT directly on the Malecon and its very popular with locals and tourists alike. its the best place to eat cheap and delicious pizza.
The other one is now on a side street at the beginning of the Malecon, because as of May 1st 2014 there is no more "Mobile Food Sellers" allowed on the main street facing the Malecon so it gives the main street a better and cleaner look.

:cool: Enjoy Samana during your next vacation.

JON

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
never ever search for things on the internet. always be there and look.
you will find something easily for that budget, you just have to be in the place and talk directly

Cheers and thx

W....

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Is Samana a great place to live? Yes.

Do we want more gringos here pressuring the market and rents being raised? No.

Las Terrenas is much nicer and um, is probably a better fit. I've heard nothing but nice things about it and it's very affordable and has French people in it.