Interesting study on Dominican Haitian Relations

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
http://www.danieloneil.com/Our_Bord...ial and Ethnic Perceptions and Sentiments.pdf

Sorry that I did not see this to post before... It is 50 pages and only the result of a six week study but the author was here with the Peace Corps years ago. It is interesting to read his findings on all the differences between Haitians and Dominicans and the sources of friction.

I am still studying it but one piece I noted, which was something I noted in Dajabon as well, was that he said the children of Haitian mothers are not given national birth certificates even if the father is Dominican. I heard the same thing up in Dajabon. He reports from the South.

He also uses to number of one milliion Haitians.. perhaps two.

He found that skin color was not a major issue.

Mar 1, 2009
The Dominican Republic of before is OVER.
Golo, once said it in a prior post of his. I REFUSED to believe it. There is a Dominican Blogger called Manuel Miranda, formerly a lawyer in DR. Now living in Venezuela (VIVA CHAVEZ)!
He has taken the Naturalization law and the TC's ruling apart and his analysis is dire. He shows and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the NGO manueverings, international "indignation", intentional SMEAR TACTICS (NAZI's) and threats of sanctions "a la Cuba" or "IRAN, slanderous press coverages (haitians being lynched, their beautiful hair being straightened, the confiscation of their passports and documents so they COULDN'T GO BACK TO HAITI). The lies and distortions went on and on and on.

All of that nonsense now is over now, because the law has been passed and ALL Haitians have to do now is get a paper napkin, write the date of their birth and say I was born in DR or I have lived in DR forever. Even though they might have been in the country 2 minutes. Get said paper stamped by the competent authority and SHAZAM they are Dominicans.

This was the usual demonization the MSM uses in all it's campaigns to weaken a foe or perceived enemy to push their agenda.
The "agents of empire" have done it again, let's us remember Arbenz in Guatemala, Mossadegh in Iran, Sukarno in Indonesia, Allende in Chile, the recent amazing kinetic action that took place in Libya where Gaddafi was accused of everything under the sun.
The current demonization of Putin and ridiculous charges being raised against Russia.

So I will raise my glass and make a toast, I will drink a bit of what used to be called Dominican Rum Barcelo while I read this OH SO AMAZINGLY PDF.

I have walked in the valley of the shadow of death.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

John Danzell

May 19, 2014
www.facebook.com
WOW! this study and it's findings are very interesting! this has been a subject of much interest to me. Having Haitian american friends and colleagues, as well as Dominican American ones, has left me very interested in a complete picture of this subject. a particularly interesting point to me was regarding mulattoes like myself. In the US i am Black, when i visit DR i am everything from Indio to Mulatto to Moreno to Negro, and yet in Haiti i would be considered red-skinned and lumped in with Caucasians. So much interesting information. I enjoyed reading this!

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
and yet in Haiti i would be considered red-skinned and lumped in with Caucasians. So much interesting information. I enjoyed reading this!

That is incorrect.

In haiti you would not be lumped with caucasians.

The author of the study is missing some of the nuances.

"Blan"(white) has several meanings.......it means foreigners...and it is also used to describe a white person.

"Neg" (negro) means MAN.....so a Neg Nwa is a black man...a Neg Blan is a white man...a Neg Rouge is anything light skinned between black and white.

If you are a mulatto, you would be classified based on looks....grimo (light skinned with black features), marabou ( dark skinned with more hamitic features), milat (light skinned with euro features).

In addition the term "milat" mulatto is used for all non-black haitians...light skinned mulattos, arabs, whites......lumping the non black minorities under the milat umbrella.

So John, it all depends on your type of mulatto look. You may be called a grimo, marabou, griffe or milat.

If you are called negro or moreno in DR...you would not be white or even mulatto in Haiti.

Obama would not be considerd mulatto in Haiti....he might be called a grimo.

Jan 3, 2003
All of that nonsense now is over now, because the law has been passed and ALL Haitians have to do now is get a paper napkin, write the date of their birth and say I was born in DR or I have lived in DR forever. Even though they might have been in the country 2 minutes. Get said paper stamped by the competent authority and SHAZAM they are Dominicans.

I agree 1000%. Those within the DR that allowed this to happen are careerists. Those on the Supreme Court enjoy a lifestyle which they do not want to lose. That goes for everyone else be it politicians, lobbyists, legislators, economists, immigration officials, etc who benefit from a comfortable lifestyle and do not want to risk losing it by being placed on "the list". The DR of today is scared of upsetting the international community. They'll bend to their will whenever asked. It's a new world order where nations have lost their sovereignty and pathetically weak countries like the DR have lost everything.

The future of the DR is catastrophic. Water supplies are dwindling. Massive deforestation is taking place all over the Cordillera Central. Over-population by Dominicans threatens the meager resources left. Massive uncontrolled immigration from Haiti will only hinder not help and now they must all become Dominicans per orders of the international community. Of course if you listen to the likes of Pichardo the DR economy is growing so fast that it can assimilate the entirety of Haiti, make them all Dominicans and the DR economy will continue to rev at full speed.

So be it then! If Haiti presses its winning hand they can force the DR gov't to do what it wants. Heck after this last verdict by the DR Supreme Court if I were Haitian I would cross over into the DR and demand my full rights as a Dominican citizen. This the perfect time for millions of impoverished Haitians to just cross over and demand full citizenship, full employment and full housing. And if the Dominicans get sassy over it just cry out to the international community to come to their rescue. They will and the DR will comply!!!

centinela

Jul 22, 2013
I agree 1000%. Those within the DR that allowed this to happen are careerists. Those on the Supreme Court enjoy a lifestyle which they do not want to lose. That goes for everyone else be it politicians, lobbyists, legislators, economists, immigration officials, etc who benefit from a comfortable lifestyle and do not want to risk losing it by being placed on "the list". The DR of today is scared of upsetting the international community. They'll bend to their will whenever asked. It's a new world order where nations have lost their sovereignty and pathetically weak countries like the DR have lost everything.

The future of the DR is catastrophic. Water supplies are dwindling. Massive deforestation is taking place all over the Cordillera Central. Over-population by Dominicans threatens the meager resources left. Massive uncontrolled immigration from Haiti will only hinder not help and now they must all become Dominicans per orders of the international community. Of course if you listen to the likes of Pichardo the DR economy is growing so fast that it can assimilate the entirety of Haiti, make them all Dominicans and the DR economy will continue to rev at full speed.

So be it then! If Haiti presses its winning hand they can force the DR gov't to do what it wants. Heck after this last verdict by the DR Supreme Court if I were Haitian I would cross over into the DR and demand my full rights as a Dominican citizen. This the perfect time for millions of impoverished Haitians to just cross over and demand full citizenship, full employment and full housing. And if the Dominicans get sassy over it just cry out to the international community to come to their rescue. They will and the DR will comply!!!

And the anti-Dominicans, like of mountainannie the biased reported must be in heaven!! Feliz como una lonbriz!!!

Jan 3, 2003
And the anti-Dominicans, like of mountainannie the biased reported must be in heaven!! Feliz como una lonbriz!!!

It's truly over for the DR as an acting independent entity at the governmental level. It's been over for them as an independent economic entity since Trujillo died. I never thought that politically it would be over so soon. But it is with this latest verdict. They are beholden to the international community because they are debt slaves. So if the world community issues a verdict against them that would affect their credit status and as a result lessen the quantity of loans they will have access to. Their portfolio would suffer immeasurably.

They'll have to not only accept Haitians as full Dominicans but in the future the Haitians will organize politically. Eventually they will have political parties and will elect officials to varying offices locally. The Haitian presence is solidified with these verdicts. I would not be surprised that in a future time, can't say when, there will be Haitian senators within the Dominican Congress. Of course those Haitians will be Dominicans per a paper process. It's a done deal. Nothing can be done about it anymore.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's truly over for the DR as an acting independent entity at the governmental level. It's been over for them as an independent economic entity since Trujillo died. I never thought that politically it would be over so soon. But it is with this latest verdict. They are beholden to the international community because they are debt slaves. So if the world community issues a verdict against them that would affect their credit status and as a result lessen the quantity of loans they will have access to. Their portfolio would suffer immeasurably.

They'll have to not only accept Haitians as full Dominicans but in the future the Haitians will organize politically. Eventually they will have political parties and will elect officials to varying offices locally. The Haitian presence is solidified with these verdicts. I would not be surprised that in a future time, can't say when, there will be Haitian senators within the Dominican Congress. Of course those Haitians will be Dominicans per a paper process. It's a done deal. Nothing can be done about it anymore.

O/C but you must understand the DR's position. They tried but were put against the wall (entre la espada y
la pared). If the international community, USA and France think that they have found the
solution to the Haitian problem they will see that they have failed. The mass uncontrolled immigration will see the DR looking like Haiti in no time.

You would be surprised how many dr1'ers were/are in favor of this so called merging of the two
islands but it will come back to bite them in the ass because the DR will no longer be as it is.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Mejorando La Raza"??????
But, "WHICH RAZA"???????
"Unify Quisqeya"!!!!
"Mon Amigos"!!!!
"Fronterra Libre Y Abierto Para TODOS!!!"
I can't see any difference now, Wait 5 years!
"Cocomoldan" will "Blend" everyone!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC