In search of the place I knew!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
When I first came I was a tourist and fell for the place. Now I have lived here a considerable amount of years I am not so fond of my lifestyle. I am almost certain a return to a joyful and happy, relaxed and fancy free environment will refresh me.
I have been stuck in the city or abouts for quite a while now and this summer I am looking for someone to offer me an out for at least a short while. Not bothered about the wage, I am purely looking to be around a beautiful environment and happy people.

Any ideas anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

(if you might have something and need info on me then just let me know)

I will consider anything from bar work to shipmate!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Hug, come to Boca Chica!!!
You can have a career as a Buscon!!
All day on the beach, fresh air, a lot of exercise chasing down cars in order to park them.
You can charge RD4000 for 3 beer and a Pina Colada, great commissions!!!!
You can become frens with the tourists and make tips!!!
You can supply chicas to your tourist frens and get commission and sometimes some free popola!!!!
What more would you want???????
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Or try moving back to your home country (UK). Seriously, if you are not happy there, being in another area in the same country, in time, will get you the same results, misery. If not your country of birth then there are other nesting grounds that you may consider.:)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Or try moving back to your home country (UK). Seriously, if you are not happy there, being in another area in the same country, in time, will get you the same results, misery. If not your country of birth then there are other nesting grounds that you may consider.:)

No game in the UK!!!!!

hahahahahahahaha

Apr 7, 2014
pick a rural farm town. housing is cheap and you can barter your work on someone's farm for food. It is an idea. It is just for 2 or 3 months so you got nothing to lose. Try a tiny town like Hatico, Esperanza, or maybe a bit bigger like San Juan de las Matas?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

Or maybe life is just not that easy for us with commitments, life must be nice to be so foot loose, fancy free and rich enough to just jump ship whenever we get a bit fed up with our lifestyles. I disagree entirley with your post. Living in different areas of this place can be like living in entirely different countries.
I mentioned getting out of the smoke for the summer, not abandoning my entire life. Just a lifestyle break.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Hug, come to Boca Chica!!!
You can have a career as a Buscon!!
All day on the beach, fresh air, a lot of exercise chasing down cars in order to park them.
You can charge RD4000 for 3 beer and a Pina Colada, great commissions!!!!
You can become frens with the tourists and make tips!!!
You can supply chicas to your tourist frens and get commission and sometimes some free popola!!!!
What more would you want???????
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Rather close to home, and smelly!:)

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Or maybe life is just not that easy for us with commitments, life must be nice to be so foot loose, fancy free and rich enough to just jump ship whenever we get a bit fed up with our lifestyles. I disagree entirley with your post. Living in different areas of this place can be like living in entirely different countries.
I mentioned getting out of the smoke for the summer, not abandoning my entire life. Just a lifestyle break.

Only speaking from experience, HUG. Good Luck with that.

And I disagree with you. Most of the time it is the place and the person itself.

Yes, It's nice to be footloose and go where ever one pleases when one makes good choices.
And when someone doesn't they must learn to make the best of it. That I agree with.

I misunderstood your post.

Last edited:
May 5, 2007
When I first came I was a tourist and fell for the place. Now I have lived here a considerable amount of years I am not so fond of my lifestyle. I am almost certain a return to a joyful and happy, relaxed and fancy free environment will refresh me.
I have been stuck in the city or abouts for quite a while now and this summer I am looking for someone to offer me an out for at least a short while. Not bothered about the wage, I am purely looking to be around a beautiful environment and happy people.

I don’t live there but from past visits and posts on Internet, Jarabacoa sure sounds like the place to get a break
Jarabacoa acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Santo Domingo, just give me that countryside.

employment, ehhh :rolleyes:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I agree with Jarabacoa. It seems like the perfect "hideaway" or place to escape, for a while.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Either Somewhere over the Rainbow or Never, Never land. Pick one.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

You can never go "home" again....none of us can.

The only thing that never changes is the fact that things never stop changing.

...but we can reminisce

d4578b69544e404593b46127207c999d.jpg

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What skills do you have and how much $$$ do you require at a minimum?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
What skills do you have and how much $$$ do you require at a minimum?

It has been years since I put any of my official qualifications to use which were marine engineering related, fluid flow systems in schematical form for operations manuals. I have a degree in Arboriculture or urban forestry and I have taken on quite a few renovation projects over the years. I am very practical and am usually successful at whatever I put my mind to.
As far as salary goes, like I said this is not about salary or even the job, I just want to enjoy myself a while to test the waters and see if it is me, or this place that is growing tired. I am open to suggestions on all fronts and salary is very negotiable. Ideally I would just be looking after a bar somewhere, or helping out with a tourism business or something that I can associate my initial feelings for this place with. Surprise me I really am open to anything, and will give most things an honest shot.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
It has been years since I put any of my official qualifications to use which were marine engineering related, fluid flow systems in schematical form for operations manuals. I have a degree in Arboriculture or urban forestry and I have taken on quite a few renovation projects over the years. I am very practical and am usually successful at whatever I put my mind to.
As far as salary goes, like I said this is not about salary or even the job, I just want to enjoy myself a while to test the waters and see if it is me, or this place that is growing tired. I am open to suggestions on all fronts and salary is very negotiable. Ideally I would just be looking after a bar somewhere, or helping out with a tourism business or something that I can associate my initial feelings for this place with. Surprise me I really am open to anything, and will give most things an honest shot.

A project or hobby is crucial to making day-to-day life anywhere interesting and meaningful. I think you understand this. Good job reaching out to our social net for help.

In my short tenure on this forum CB is one of the most project/hobby oriented individuals I've encountered. Hang in there and good luck.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I don’t live there but from past visits and posts on Internet, Jarabacoa sure sounds like the place to get a break
Jarabacoa acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Santo Domingo, just give me that countryside.

employment, ehhh :rolleyes:

Green Acres dominincan style.. gotta love it..

Green