Query on ground transportation in Dominican Republic

C

cmcb1978

Hi, I'm new to the forum, as I am currently looking at possibly planning a trip to Dominican Republic next January and am trying to get info, mostly with regards to transport options. I apologise if this has been answered before - I have tried to find relevant threads both here and on Thorntree, but have only managed to find one mention of one shuttle company, so I don't even know if they come recommended or what other options are available. So I would be extremely grateful if anyone here can help. My main query is how to arrange transport from Bayahibe (we would most likely be staying in the village) to Saman? - specifically to the Dominican Treehouse village, which I believe is about a 15 min drive from Santa B?rbara de Saman?. I know there would be the option to get a bus to Santo Domingo and then another bus from there, but it would take too long on our limited timeframe, so I want to see if it's possible to get a shuttle service/taxi, and get an idea of expected costs involved. Are there any recommended companies with whom one can arrange such a thing in advance, or would it be best to do it through the hotel? Also we would be flying into Punta Cana late enough and would need to go straight to Bayahibe, so again, should I arrange a taxi in advance through the hotel, or what is the best thing to do and again what kind of price should I expect to pay? We haven't booked any hotels yet, as this is all at planning stage, but in Bayahibe we would most likely go for Hotel Villa Baya, just in case that is of relevance to the question. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
That's one heck of a triangle. The Pythagorean Theorem might be in play here.;) You can't miss the taxis at PUJ (PUJ to Bayahibe will cost you). Ask the drivers about Bayahibe to Samana. In hindsite, LRM would've put you closer to Bayahibe. Have you considered Whirlybirds [I believe there is a heliport in Rafael de Yuma (near Bayahibe), if not in Bayhibe itself]? Good luck.

Last edited:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Then you would know that the Pythagorean Theorem is c2 = a2 + b2 - 2abcosc.

Back to topic, the hotel should arrange transport to and from the airport, and you can bargain with the taxi's at the hotel for your excursion.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013

Back to topic, the hotel should arrange transport to and from the airport, and you can bargain with the taxi's at the hotel for your excursion.

Ahhhhh yes, the Law of Cosines is the correct application for any triangle as delineated in the OP's tour (Pythagoras applies to rt. triangles only). But then, how many of us would have responded? You know that we love to hate math (not me). How do you know about the LofC (middle school math teacher myself)?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi, I'm new to the forum, as I am currently looking at possibly planning a trip to Dominican Republic next January and am trying to get info, mostly with regards to transport options. I apologise if this has been answered before - I have tried to find relevant threads both here and on Thorntree, but have only managed to find one mention of one shuttle company, so I don't even know if they come recommended or what other options are available. So I would be extremely grateful if anyone here can help. My main query is how to arrange transport from Bayahibe (we would most likely be staying in the village) to Saman? - specifically to the Dominican Treehouse village, which I believe is about a 15 min drive from Santa B?rbara de Saman?. I know there would be the option to get a bus to Santo Domingo and then another bus from there, but it would take too long on our limited timeframe, so I want to see if it's possible to get a shuttle service/taxi, and get an idea of expected costs involved. Are there any recommended companies with whom one can arrange such a thing in advance, or would it be best to do it through the hotel? Also we would be flying into Punta Cana late enough and would need to go straight to Bayahibe, so again, should I arrange a taxi in advance through the hotel, or what is the best thing to do and again what kind of price should I expect to pay? We haven't booked any hotels yet, as this is all at planning stage, but in Bayahibe we would most likely go for Hotel Villa Baya, just in case that is of relevance to the question. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

WHAT????????????????? Ok tell me how you came up with this itinerary? You are not close to any of your destinations. Why are you flying into Punta Cana? You will spend a good two days travelling. At the least you should be flying into Santo Domingo not PC. Flying into PC you will have difficult connections to the your other locations. Also, why Samana City vs Las Terrenas? You don't seem to have a clue as to how you came up with this. Yes you can hire taxis but it will be very expensive. You are probably talking from PC to Bayahibe $150 one way and the same from Bayahibe to Samana City. If possible, I would bite the bullet and fly into Santo Domingo. It will cost you more in taxi fees than the difference in ticket prices and also the time you will loose by having to travel.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

Then you would know John Holmes theory:

"The angle of the dangle is equal to the heat of the meat".................................. hahahahahahahahaha