Aquamarine dreams, from Punta Rucia to Cabrera

miozio

May 23, 2009
Here is the film I shot in Punta Rucia and Cabrera area, hope you like it

[video=youtube;5Tg7IbsREr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tg7IbsREr4[/video]

miozio

May 23, 2009
After 5 years of living on the island, I realized it's the only reason I love it simply because I am tired of removing plastic trash from the beaches. I guess, some people who waste it don't deserve to live on this island (mostly locals) and need to be deported. :)

Aug 6, 2006
Absolutely beautiful!

When I arrived at SDQ and my bag didn't, I was told to wait, because it would be on the next flight. It wasn't, so I waited there in the restaurant area all night. I met a very nice guy from Sosua who was waiting for someone to arrive from Germany and we chatted for hours. He told me about Punta Rucia and its beauty, and I see that it is just as he said.

I agree about the trash on the beaches. There are so many bottles on the ocean side of the beach at Cayo in Barahona that you can't walk there: you have to shuffle through about four feet of plastic bottles, grocery bags and other crap. Anyone who really craved picking up bottles could easily spend a month there picking the damn things up. But what would you do with them after that? I donlt think there is a landfill near there, and certainly no recycling plant.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Anyone who really craved picking up bottles could easily spend a month there picking the damn things up. But what would you do with them after that? I donlt think there is a landfill near there, and certainly no recycling plant.

It's so true. If I am shooting far from dumpster facilities, I put the trash in one pile far away from the water and quickly take a swim in the ocean because it really gets sweaty and dirty. :)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Here is the film I shot in Punta Rucia and Cabrera area, hope you like it

[video=youtube;5Tg7IbsREr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tg7IbsREr4[/video]

Wow. Fantastic!! Every photo a postcard. I was immediately in a meditative state. Thanks.