Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Ceiling fan for sloped ceiling - Seller and installation?

  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ceiling fan for sloped ceiling - Seller and installation?

    Anybody knows who / what company in the PC / Bavaro area does that?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    25,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We just use regular fans (I recommend KDK fans) and adjust the cover that mates to the ceiling as best as possible. Any hardware store should be able to direct you to someone who will say they can install them. Hopefully someone here will give you a good handyman in your area that actually does a good job.

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My initial idea is to buy this on amazon and a fan from the same brand

    Westinghouse 7002900 45-Degree Canopy Kit, White - Close To Ceiling Light Fixtures - Amazon.com

    but this still would leave me with to have it installed. Gotta check for how much I can get it here vs buying online and have it installed...

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    25,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    My initial idea is to buy this on amazon and a fan from the same brand

    Westinghouse 7002900 45-Degree Canopy Kit, White - Close To Ceiling Light Fixtures - Amazon.com


    but this still would leave me with to have it installed. Gotta check for how much I can get it here vs buying online and have it installed...
    That looks like an elegant solution for mounting. I have never seen an item like that here, so I suspect you will import it.

    The real installation problem is getting the wires to run elegantly to the fan and a switch in a concrete and block house if not pre-wired for the installation. And I mean it can be a prohibitively big problem if you have no wiring already run from the breaker box.

  5. Likes caribmike liked this post
  6. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ouch. Not sure if I want that hassle in a rented house...

    I've thought the fan would just get connected to the wires from the ceiling light. Am I wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That looks like an elegant solution for mounting. I have never seen an item like that here, so I suspect you will import it.

    The real installation problem is getting the wires to run elegantly to the fan and a switch in a concrete and block house if not pre-wired for the installation. And I mean it can be a prohibitively big problem if you have no wiring already run from the breaker box.

  7. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    25,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Additional wiring is needed to be able to control the fan AND the light separately. If you just want the fan on full with the light, then you could just wire it to the existing pair of wires and use the existing switch. It might be possible to pull the additional wiring in the tubes where the current wires run if they did not get crushed or blocked when the place was made.

  8. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    My initial idea is to buy this on amazon and a fan from the same brand

    Westinghouse 7002900 45-Degree Canopy Kit, White - Close To Ceiling Light Fixtures - Amazon.com

    but this still would leave me with to have it installed. Gotta check for how much I can get it here vs buying online and have it installed...
    I bought one very similar to this in Bellon years ago.

  9. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't really need that ceiling light having other illumination in that room. I think I will just let replace the light for the fan or getting a fan with integrated lamp (which would not require additional wiring?).

  10. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    25,912
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    I don't really need that ceiling light having other illumination in that room. I think I will just let replace the light for the fan...
    Then you should be OK as far as the wiring and Bellon might have such a device (that probably will cost more than if you import it yourself).

  11. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fan on amazon is 114 USD, the device is 18.62 USD. Not to mention ain't any Bellon in Punta Cana , would need to travel. Well, maybe Ferreteria Americana in PC has it...

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Then you should be OK as far as the wiring and Bellon might have such a device (that probably will cost more than if you import it yourself).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •