Good Auto Body Shop

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Anyone have a referral for a good body shop in the Sosua/Cabarete/Puerto Plata (would like not to have to drive there but will if necessary) area.
Some Dominican A-hole hit the back end of my Avalanche forcing me off the road. Not much damage just the rrear quarter panel and plastic bumpers.
After he hit me he said he had no lic. no insurance. Told me to F-off and laughed as he roared off. Never got his name, truck tag number, picture....nada.
So now the fun begins....

Bob K

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
I'd call your insurance agent. Even if you do not have collison they could direct to their recommended shop for those who do if Greg can't help.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Greg does bodywork. I've had a few jobs done and know of others who are satisfied.
There's a big difference in standards between workshops here so if you want quick,cheap and nasty, don't go to Greg.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
If you prefer Puerto Plata, Arturos, rear of Caribe Tours, excellent work, reasonable prices and all the proper equipment.

FB.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
After he hit me he said he had no lic. no insurance. Told me to F-off and laughed as he roared off. Never got his name, truck tag number, picture....nada.
So now the fun begins....

Bob K

This is when a good dash cam would come in handy Bob...I have a "4 SIGHT" dash cam on my truck which records front/rear/side view plus audio which can help in cases like these. I also recommend Arturo in POP! Good thing is that you are ok!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
He's your guy. He's done work for me as well. My only complaint with him was the clear coat peeled off of a spot he painted after 10 yrs.

clear coat sometimes peels off entire panels a few years after leaving the factory. ever seen some silver cars from Japan and Korea with faded panels? they have never been painted, but they just fade.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
No one was hut just my "baby". I have had the truck since 2001 (new) and till now really not a scratch on it. Heck it does not even have 90K miles on it yet.

Bob K