DR Sisterhood is powerful - sankies beware!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Feel free to contact me for ad rates.

If you're going to give membership away free to DR1 members, I have no problem you posting here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think a clarification is in order. Robert's reprimand replacing my OP appears to address me and gives the wrong impression.

DR Sisterhood is not my website and I do not benefit from it in any way. I was not asked to post about it. Lindsay linked to it on Facebook, I visited the site and thought it was a great idea, well executed and of interest to DR1ers, hence my recommendation.

FTR I make my living as a freelance translator, editor, writer and researcher and have never promoted it on DR1. I don't need to - most of the time I have more work than I can handle!

Aug 21, 2007
Wondered what transpired. It made sense to me, after some thought, about the costs and dr.'s advertising policies. I hoped I didn't contribute to the closing, but I suppose if the website posts the costs, that would be enough.

Thank you for the clarification, Chirimoya. Matilda (Lindsay) has proven herself with entrepreneurship and survival skills in this country. I wish her and this- or any future endeavors- well.

Lindsey

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I think that maybe it was seen as unsolicited promotion of a business. Those tend to get erased.

There is nothing wrong with promoting a business, provided one does so in accordance with the rules of the forum.

Lindsay is not running a charity but a business.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes but Lindsay did not post the OP, nor did she ask me to do so. I did it on my own initiative. It's not that different from recommending a restaurant, as I did the other day.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you have personal experience in using a product or service, I have absolutely no problem you posting a genuine review, link etc, it's that simple. If you go and actually eat at a restaurant and it's good, the same applies.

If you have any more questions, PM me.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Where is the link?? I would like to see it lol.... Is it a page where women post their sankies after discovering the have been with one? I don't get it?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Sankie Hoppers

... I want to see whose on there =)

Just enter "sankies" on Facebook and at least 3 groups will come up... :bunny:
Whether the 'ladies' there put 'their catches' in the pillory or recommend them, I do not know... :lick:

donP

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
helping out people who unwittingly got sankied was the original idea

I thought it was a Facebook page where women were posting their sankys. Seemed funny for a moment but the moment has passed...

Ps.... CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC I agree with you