LT updates?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
We had been going to LT 3-4 times per year, but last year took a break and went to cabarete a few times. We live in la capital.

Any new places? No major shut downs?

We stay at Alisei and eat there a few times. Tres Caravelles is one favorite for dinner, Mojitos for lunch. I dig One Love for drinks in Pueblo Pescadores. We usually do a quad ride to Luis or playa bonita for lunch one day. Tried Balcones Atlantico for dinner one night. Once was a enough. Nice ambience but food was terrible.

We used to stop in Barrio Gringo's but last trip it was depressing,as the owners were fighting or separating. . .lol.

Big Dan's is always cool for a few cold ones.

Anything new?

kinggold

Nov 23, 2011
I was there in May. Sign to Big Dan's is still there, but he is long gone. Rumor was he headed back to the US, after a stop in the capital.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Alex' Big Dan's

Sign to Big Dan's is still there, but he is long gone.

Big Dan is now run by Alex, a friendly Dominican who speaks perfect English; well, American rather.... ;)
When driving by, I usually see some very American looking people there.
So, it is still the gathering point for them.

donP

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
There is a really nice new B&B called Casa Delfin 50 m from the beach in the street before Alisei :D :D

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Old Joint

There is a really nice new B&B called Casa Delfin 50 m from the beach in the street before Alisei :D :D

I do not know whether it is still run by Erwin.... but the place has been there for more than 15 years....

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
is Big Dan's an idea/bar belonging to Dan, Danny, Daniel.... former real estate agent ?

He had a Prado.....

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
I do not know whether it is still run by Erwin.... but the place has been there for more than 15 years....

donP

I am running the place now together with my gf, we have transformed the whole place over the last 3 months and just opened :)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am running the place now together with my gf, we have transformed the whole place over the last 3 months and just opened :)

Are you in the same street as the Residencia Paraiso ?

Good luck in your new venture by the way

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Big Dan's

is Big Dan's an idea/bar belonging to Dan, Danny, Daniel.... former real estate agent ?
He had a Prado.....

Hmm, (that very same) Big Dan was in several places, I remember three...
Yes, he was also doing RE... but, who isn't? ;)

Prado? Not so sure... I often saw him on a 'moto'...
I believe he had a partner before he moved to SD.
Alex should know where Dan is now.

donP

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hmm, (that very same) Big Dan was in several places, I remember three...
Yes, he was also doing RE... but, who isn't? ;)

Prado? Not so sure... I often saw him on a 'moto'...
I believe he had a partner before he moved to SD.
Alex should know where Dan is now.

donP

in January 2008 we got the LT tour from him

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
bottom fell out late in the year.....

luckily, my house was 75% finished before I landed on my a$$.....

squeaked it out..... almost

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Not new, but it deserves to be mentioned as one of the best eating places in town: Navia's (specializing in German dishes) :bunny:

donP

German meatballs are to die for, also the pickled salad!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
We had been going to LT 3-4 times per year, but last year took a break and went to cabarete a few times. We live in la capital.

Any new places? No major shut downs?

We stay at Alisei and eat there a few times. Tres Caravelles is one favorite for dinner, Mojitos for lunch. I dig One Love for drinks in Pueblo Pescadores. We usually do a quad ride to Luis or playa bonita for lunch one day. Tried Balcones Atlantico for dinner one night. Once was a enough. Nice ambience but food was terrible.

We used to stop in Barrio Gringo's but last trip it was depressing,as the owners were fighting or separating. . .lol.

Big Dan's is always cool for a few cold ones.

Anything new?

On line you can go to www.lasterrenaslive to see what is new. Also lt7.com, online version of the bi-weekly LT newspaper.