Gym Recommendations in SDQ

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
What's considered the best chain now in SDQ? I heard some folks recommend Gold's in the past and Pump Fitness more recently

Last edited by a moderator:

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
DR has a vibrant Bodybuilding scene. From what I can tell it looks like people have free access to growth hormone and other anabolic steroids. I have a friend who does it the natural way and is burdened by having to eat dozens of eggs, mounds of chicken breast. Plus all those protein powders. who has time to lift weights when you're sittin on the pot all day long?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Not part of a chain, but the people who run the Casa Sanchez boutique hotel in the Colonial Zone, which has had good comments on DR1, have opened a gym in the Colonial Zone in Sanchez, very close to Payless on the Conde. It's quite big, in the building which used to be the Mi Loca nightclub, and I think you can just pay for a day membership.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Many thread about think if you want to search, but the best gym in SD is Body Shop, little bit expensive but def the best.

3 locations, one in bella vista, one in arroyo hondo and one in naco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Appreciate the feedback people. I responded in an old thread to get an update but it wound up getting closed so I started this one for the latest and greatest info.

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
What's considered the best chain now in SDQ? I heard some folks recommend Gold's in the past and Pump Fitness more recently

Body Shop Naco Gym, 1/4 of a block from the new Silver Sun Gallery Tower, just west of Avenida Tiradentes, is a large gym in its own building. Multi level parking garage, gym shop, snack bar, two floors of free weights and machines, outdoor large pool on the roof, basketball court, squash courts, rock climbing wall, skate board ramp, boxing ring and boxing training equipment. I paid about 600 pesos for a day pass, about $14US.

The gym at the Dominican Fiesta Hotel is good. Day, weekly or longer passes, to use the gym and their pool. Dominican Fiesta Hotel gym opens very early in the morning. Located just off Avenida Anacona (near park mirador del sur). Nice cigar lounge and bar with live jazz some nights on the top floor of the Dominican Fiesta Hotel.

[video=youtube;06a-AUEX_to]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06a-AUEX_to[/video]

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014

Video showing one of the floors, at the Body Shop Gym Naco, with free weights and apparatus.

[video=youtube;jd0LcTNCb1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd0LcTNCb1Q&list=UUyp6Zw1Tmg5BCbVAcf6Bc_Q[/video]