Lurker for years

Kathyaa586

Mar 23, 2011
Hi all, I have been lurking here for years and decided it was probably time to introduce myself on the forum. I have been living part time outside of the Bavaro area for 3 years now and run a tourism business there. The rest of the time I spend in Canada running a tourism business there. Obviously, I am in the Dominican Republic for the winters and Canada the summers - the best of both worlds! I want to thank everyone for all the information posted, it has been a big help to me and whenever I have a question it seems to have already been covered here. I am looking forward to becoming more active on the forum.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Welcome to dr1 fora! Ah! Another "snow bird"! I grew up in New Hampshire. I love the snow. But I'm in a different world now. Do you also have an appreciation for the beauty of snow? The negatives don't need mentioning!

Kathyaa586

Mar 23, 2011
I have a great appreciation for the beauty of snow. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of Niagara Falls frozen over this year while I was laying in the sun sweating. A couple of days of cold and i'm good to go.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
As a lurker all I can say is "get down and give me 20" Why did it take years to make a comment on this site. Perhaps some of the people on this site "scared" you away. That is totally understandable. Ok, so just give me 10.

Kathyaa586

Mar 23, 2011
As a lurker all I can say is "get down and give me 20" Why did it take years to make a comment on this site. Perhaps some of the people on this site "scared" you away. That is totally understandable. Ok, so just give me 10.

I've done my 10 and grown thick skin, I hope.