Schengen Visa Question

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If you apply for a Schengen Visa through the German Embassy, does the air line ticket for the application need to be a flight into Germany or you can you land and spend a few days in another Schengen state, like Belgium for example, before travelling to Germany? It probably works as long as you have your ticket from Belgium to Germany, one would assume, right? There won't be any problems landing in Belgium, instead of Germany?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
While in the DR it is commonly indicated that one must apply for the visa to the country of first entry, reading on the Internet everyone seems to indicate that the visa should be applied at the consulate/embassy of the country where most of the time will be spent. So in your case, I would think that you will have no problems landing in Belgium, instead of Germany. So, would think you would have no problem entering Belgium, suggest you check with the airline that will transport you locally because step one is to be able to leave the Dominican Republic and that they accept your visa.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Yes this could be done with certainty 6 years ago. My wife entered through Paris, we had a nice long weekend there and then onto Amsterdam.

She did not have a ticket Paris to Amsterdam. So of course, like I expected, they kept her for questioning, which I told her to expect. When I announced myself at the French customs she was of course immediately released.