New Subway Resturant opened in SD

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I paid a visit yesterday and ate a lunch and it was so good and I was quietly impressed it taste the same in the states. They open daily at 7am and opens till 12:30am. They says they plan to extend the hours to 3am in the fall if it gets popular.

Some photos:

wjHs5ubl.png

I7c4wvDl.png

Ed9m9TYl.png

dp6Spwtl.png

8SXQ7Zal.png

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I paid a visit yesterday and ate a lunch and it was so good and I was quietly impressed it taste the same in the states. They open daily at 7am and opens till 12:30am. They says they plan to extend the hours to 3am in the fall if it gets popular.

Where?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Two in Santo Domingo, One in Santiago:

Results for: dominican republic
Ave. Gustavo Mejia Ricart
Esq. Calle Federico Geraldino
Santo Domingo, , DOR
809 683-8444
OPEN UNTIL 12:00 AM
GET DIRECTIONS Distance: 23.37 mi
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Monday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Tuesday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Wednesday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Thursday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Friday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Saturday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM

Subway
Plaza Santo Domingo
Unit 24 Prov. Heredia
Santo Domingo, 65321000, CRA
506 4031 9400
OPEN UNTIL 12:00 AM
GET DIRECTIONS Distance: 24.74 mi
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Monday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Tuesday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Wednesday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM
Thursday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM

Subway
Av. Estrella Sadhala
No. 85
Santiago de los Caballeros, 00000, DOR
809 583-7609
OPEN UNTIL 11:00 PM
GET DIRECTIONS Distance: 59.27 mi
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sunday 8:00 AM- 11:00 PM
Monday 7:00 AM- 11:00 PM
Tuesday 7:00 AM- 11:00 PM
Wednesday 7:00 AM- 11:00 PM
Thursday 7:00 AM- 11:00 PM
SERVICES
DRIVETHRU
Subway
Carr. 115 Km. 11.7

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
...Santo Domingo...:

Results for: dominican republic
Ave. Gustavo Mejia Ricart
Esq. Calle Federico Geraldino
Santo Domingo, , DOR

That is between Churchill and Lincoln. Ave. G M Ricart runs one way eastbound (Churchill towards Lincoln).

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Prices? Typical Dominican double-the-USA?
Typical Dominican prices (at least in Santo Domingo) in such places are not double-the-USA, not more than 1.5x. But you can find double-the-USA prices in Costa Rica and some other countries.... in DR it's not so bad.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is a good reason the place is empty in the picture.
Anyone who has ever eaten a REAL EAST COAST "SUB" can tell you WHY!!!!!
It's like saying that the "Red Lobster" has great Sea Food!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
First time takeout at Subway was OK but next time wasn't. So, I decided continue make it myself. Plenty of meats, cheese and fresh veggie between, mustard and mayo on each side of bread and sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It isn't perfect but much better than any in DR my opinion.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
The Subway in Santiago has already been "dominicanized": today I asked for a steak and cheese sandwich and they said they don't have the ingredients for it, - "but will be there tomorrow". Then I asked for something else and they didn't have any cheese, aside from some shredded crap. So I just walked out at that point. I hope they didn't sign up a long lease.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I ate at the Santo Domingo store today. I approached in my Yipetica from Av Gustavo Mejia Ricart. There are only four parking spaces on the street level and they were full so I went down into the parking garage. Can't park in the subterranean garage for Subway so I went around the block. There's a small off street parking lot that you approach from the Calle Federico Geraldino side. That street is one way running north.
There's
Apolo valet parking so they can shuffle cars around if it gets crowded. No formal charge but I tipped the guy because the car was there with all the tires and the radio when I got back.

I had the Sub of the day, a small Italian sub on pan integral for 160 pesos and a water, total 190 pesos. Good responsive friendly assembly line putting on the toppings you want.

The Air Conditioning was strong. It was 90? outside.

I'm in the area several times a week so it's another halfway decent option for a meal on the fly.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Ate at Subway in Santiago last evening. I had a BMT on Avena, Alida & Mom CB split a veggie on Parmesean.

Outstanding! Very nice physical plant. A tad spendy, but well worth it. RD$570 for 2 sammiches, two drinks & bag of chips.

Will repeat.

One very minor gripe: they only serve baked papitas, unless you want Doritos. Would prefer regular chips.

SEO

Aug 3, 2012
Ate at Subway in Santiago last evening. I had a BMT on Avena, Alida & Mom CB split a veggie on Parmesean.

Outstanding! Very nice physical plant. A tad spendy, but well worth it. RD$570 for 2 sammiches, two drinks & bag of chips.

Will repeat.

One very minor gripe: they only serve baked papitas, unless you want Doritos. Would prefer regular chips.
price kind of high compare to usa.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
price kind of high compare to usa.
Everything foreign is more expensive here, including food franchises.

When we were there a huge refrigerated container was being unloaded. I suspect most meat ingredients are imported as well as the franchise required paper goods.

Raises the prices considerably.

Feb 7, 2007
Everything foreign is more expensive here, including food franchises.

When we were there a huge refrigerated container was being unloaded. I suspect most meat ingredients are imported as well as the franchise required paper goods.

Raises the prices considerably.

But Colombia is farther away and franchise food prices there are much lower than in the DR ...

... so I do not think it's the import thing, but a greed thing.

You know, greed mentality like if you have 10 customers and 2 leave, you raise prices by 20% for the remaining 8.
Or that you try to squeeze out maximum form the customers who stumble upon your outfit today, instead of offering a long-term value proposition.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
But Colombia is farther away and franchise food prices there are much lower than in the DR ...

... so I do not think it's the import thing, but a greed thing.

You know, greed mentality like if you have 10 customers and 2 leave, you raise prices by 20% for the remaining 8.
Or that you try to squeeze out maximum form the customers who stumble upon your outfit today, instead of offering a long-term value proposition.
Could be, no doubt, but it's consistent across the board. One would think after a while, with franchises constantly failing, some business guys would "get it" (about greed) and succeed. But seems not.

I have no idea of the import duty, tax structure, property acquisition, construction costs or labor laws in Colombia so it's difficult to make an equivalent comparison.

Feb 7, 2007
I have no idea of the import duty, tax structure, property acquisition, construction costs or labor laws in Colombia so it's difficult to make an equivalent comparison.

Well, neither do I. But maybe Robert could chime in as he now lives practically in CO.

But from what I have seen, is that chain prices are substantially lower in CO than in DR. Chili's in BOG, about 40-50% lower than in SD. Papa John's, about 25% lower. General restaurant food (mid-level) about 30-40% lower.

And I have also noticed that the food prices in supermarkets are slightly higher (at least in Medellin and Bogota - Exito) than they are in the DR (La Sirena, Jumbo, etc.), or Carulla (CO) vs Nacional (DO). So having a base food price higher, you would assume restaurant prices would be also higher ... but the opposite is true.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
It was the same product as US except the price were higher and the service slowerrrrr even with more workers.

It did look like they used US construction materials (dry wall) and plans and Dominican building skills = crooked walls, ... There is lesson to be learned from that.

It was a nice change of food for me. We tipped the parking assistant.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Well, neither do I. But maybe Robert could chime in as he now lives practically in CO.

But from what I have seen, is that chain prices are substantially lower in CO than in DR. Chili's in BOG, about 40-50% lower than in SD. Papa John's, about 25% lower. General restaurant food (mid-level) about 30-40% lower.

And I have also noticed that the food prices in supermarkets are slightly higher (at least in Medellin and Bogota - Exito) than they are in the DR (La Sirena, Jumbo, etc.), or Carulla (CO) vs Nacional (DO). So having a base food price higher, you would assume restaurant prices would be also higher ... but the opposite is true.

Food in DR is WAAAY better than colombia. I can name 3 good steakhouses for every one in bogota or medellin.

Just came back from Barranquilla. KFC was out of chicken. . . Twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk