Pulled Over by Amet and set free

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Pulled Over by Amet and set free about an hour ago in front of the Texaco just past the Hoyo for not wearing my seatbelt. The Amet Cop was huge about 6.6 and 290 or so pounds.. I told him I was in a rental car, and immediately reached to give him a 200 peso note. He waved his finger at me "no no". Asked for my DL, which is Canadian.

He said I give you one opportunitad and let me go!! I said to him, tu eres bueno persona, tu eres numero uno!

I though after all of the threads I've read on here about getting pulled over and all the nightmare scenarios I was going to be in for a rough time.. But this guy wouldn't even take a propina and he let me go, no ticket..

Amet Rocks Baby!! At least in Fruisa...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
rented car????

when does the new ride arrive ?

maybe if you had offered 100 pesos he would have accepted..... 200 ???

rico........... hahahaha

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
rented car????

when does the new ride arrive ?

maybe if you had offered 100 pesos he would have accepted..... 200 ???

The New Ride was purchased on Sabado, and I pick it up tomorrow, was waiting for the insurance papers..

rico........... hahahaha

The New Ride was purchased on Sabado, and I pick it up tomorrow, was waiting for the insurance papers..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
good - you're happy ??

you'll like it.... your own car.... muy Dominicano you'll be !!!:bunny:

a cool dude ----- or is that dud? jejeje

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
The last time I got pulled over I had my rottie and 2 chi's in the back seat. The rottie was more than happy to give him a lick to say hi but as soon as the Amet saw her, he backed away from the car and waved me on... :D

I'll be happy to tell Matsunaga, the Amet Coronel, that he's got at least one honest guy working with him next time I see him.

Shackmack

Jun 9, 2014
I have lost my Jeepeta twice once for no seatbelt and once for no 2014 sticker.. at the time i was taking someone to the hospital to which the Amet responded " not my problema" I just give them the finger now... it gets the same response as being honest. I also lost my little DT 125 for no helmet and I pointed to the Police riding by without helmets and got another not my problema. Most motos just ignore them and run away

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The last time I got pulled over I had my rottie and 2 chi's in the back seat. The rottie was more than happy to give him a lick to say hi but as soon as the Amet saw her, he backed away from the car and waved me on... :D

I'll be happy to tell Matsunaga, the Amet Coronel, that he's got at least one honest guy working with him next time I see him.

There are many decent policias in the DR it's just that the bad ones seem to overshadow the good ones
by the stories constantly being told here about how they always accept bribes.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"The Amet Cop was huge about 6.6 and 290 or so pounds."

Know him, lol... he is one of the good guys.

I've never had a problem, been pulled over probably more than 20 times in a year and a half and they are always polite and friendly. The one time I did pay them was bc I did a U turn where it said not to and I had no problem with giving them pesos to be on my way.

I was nervous the other day when we were pulled over in Nagua bc we don't have all the proper paperwork for our car bc we just bought it but they didn't even ask for it.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I have lost my Jeepeta twice once for no seatbelt and once for no 2014 sticker.. at the time i was taking someone to the hospital to which the Amet responded " not my problema" I just give them the finger now... it gets the same response as being honest. I also lost my little DT 125 for no helmet and I pointed to the Police riding by without helmets and got another not my problema. Most motos just ignore them and run away

How dare those cops pull you over for infractions! The nerve of them!. Sounds like you are your own worst enemy.

Shackmack

Jun 9, 2014
I am sorry but I have have had my car taken several times. I was pulled over between Jamao and La Cumbre by a national who said to me your a bueno i am malo 1000 pesos for coca cola!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
they had me once - red light running.... had me cold and they wanted the car

my Spanish isn't good enough to fabricate a story.....
I called a friend who convinced the cop to accept the 1000 pesos on my behalf to pay the fine for me.

it worked --- I have never jumped that light since

TIP
they are always in the shade -- maybe waaay up the road -- but in the shade

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
they had me once - red light running.... had me cold and they wanted the car

my Spanish isn't good enough to fabricate a story.....
I called a friend who convinced the cop to accept the 1000 pesos on my behalf to pay the fine for me.

it worked --- I have never jumped that light since

TIP
they are always in the shade -- maybe waaay up the road -- but in the shade

Where was this? Rio San Juan? or Sosua?

My guess is Rio San Juan.

Frank

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
good guess... RSJ at the light NOBODY stops at....

jackasses.... that light is a 'suggestion'....

I nowlisten to the suggestion.... he's a mean buggar that cop......fat, square, ugly and relentless

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
and Ihad Swedens largest , toughest citizen w/ me....
cuold have squashed the cop like a bug (former LA bodyguard)

nada ---- slides me 200pesos and tapes his mouth shut..... never even unbuckled to chip in

HUUUUGE thois guy and spooky

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
too small a bribe can be risky, liable to insult them and lead to more problems. I always offer 500 and Im on my way. If I do not get stopped in a while I say hello with a 500 in my handshake. When they see me coming they stop the traffic so I can pull out. They are paid next to nothing and many do a good job.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
that might be a plan , Stan.... never thought of that angle before

until they 'change the guard'.... be just my luck