Furnishing Donation Appeal - Santiago

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
I have an American friend who lives in Santiago and he needs help furnishing a one bedroom apartment. If you have any furniture that you are able to donate he would appreciate the help.

He has been here for 3+ years and recently had severe financial problems. He is temporarily living with a couple here until he can move to an apartment. And, he has found a 1 bedroom apartment in Santiago for $6,000 RD$/Mo. It is not furnished and there are no appliances.

He has no furnishings so anything for a bedroom, kitchen or living-room would help him.

PM me or post here if you can help. He and I live in Santiago so it is practical for him to pick-up there.

If you know of a source for inexpensive used furniture he could use that information too.

Thanks, Tom

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Maybe a ticket home? How can "existing" one step above a homeless person on others charity be "living"?
Don't intend to sound insensitive and I wish your friend well.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Yes, his condition does beg many questions but the answers won't change that condition. I have helped him in many small ways for the last year and I will continue to do that.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
I am in Santiago, I'll see what I have here. But I know a triftshop. And then you have El Mercado every thursday in Pueblo Nuevo.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR is not a place to live without money!
No "Safety Nets" here.
Tell him to use the money he set aside for a return ticket to the USA and seek help there.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC