BPD Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I've been busy but lurking nevertheless. I hope you all are well. To the point, I opened a Banco Popular dollar account w/online access (username, and password validity were confirmed with successful access from the bank branch). I've not been able to access from home in Bavaro though.

I've tried going back to bank for answers, but I was able to access from the branch once again, but home was a "no go" again too. I googled some days ago but a solution suggested involved reconfiguring and some registry manipulation. I'm ok with configuration but don't want to mess w/registry. I dropped the Google track.

I tried changing password option today and was returned a code and link (enlace) where I could use the code to change my password (not that I had forgotten it as it was working fine in the bank). I was ready with the code when the link they sent me kept opening to the BPD home page with no option for changing my password.

This is the link: www.bpd.com.do/banco.popular.aspx?p1=0700003344703DF255882547&nfm=1.

Can someone try it to see what it reveals on their computer? Does anyone have an idea for a possible solution? Thanks.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
When I used the link you sent, I could not access our accounts...........
......but were able to when I used what we usually do which is: www.bpd.com.do
then enter on the upper right side under "personal"...........

IT did today, though, give some kind of error when trying to log in, but when I hit escape, it went to the accounts......

Hope that helps......

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
No Bad Boy. Thanks anyway. I'll add your feedback to what little I know.

BTW: Hardware = Dell Inspiron One (All-In-One). Software = Windows 7 OS, IE 9 Browser.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Your problem is not hardware or windows registry related.

Possible causes:

1) The bank site is not functioning correctly - not likely as it's working for someone else.
2) Your browser is not accepting the bank's cookies
3) A privacy/script blocker you are running is blocking something the bank site depends on
4) You are using a VPN that suggests to the bank you are logging in from somewhere other than in the DR

Your issue is almost certainly software related.

Good luck.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Your problem is not hardware or windows registry related.

Possible causes:

1) The bank site is not functioning correctly - not likely as it's working for someone else.
2) Your browser is not accepting the bank's cookies
3) A privacy/script blocker you are running is blocking something the bank site depends on
4) You are using a VPN that suggests to the bank you are logging in from somewhere other than in the DR

Your issue is almost certainly software related.

Good luck.

Thanks. I agree. 2 and/or 3 are possible culprits. Any idea how I can investigate/troubleshoot further?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The easiest way is to disable any privacy software you are running and in internet options under privacy accept all cookies.

Exit IE and restart it. Try to log in. If successful, start to put the settings back to the way they were. Login to the bank after each change. When the login fails again, you know which setting is causing the problem. It could be a plug in too.

Try running IE in privacy mode which should by default turn off all extraneous plugins.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Virus Protection

my friend was compromised the other day and his computer sent out e-mails to his contacts....

Chrome warned me not to open it.... thankfully

He didn't know he had been hacked until he saw an e-mail from himself(obviously) to his bank arranging a transfer to CA.... his heart must have stopped.... two in fact, $9,000 and $30,000.

close call

PS - this was here in RD

so Chrome works well.......

Status
Not open for further replies.