Bar burnt down in Sosua?

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
A restaurant owner mentioned to me in a conversation by whats app today that a bar in Sosua owned by an Italian was burnt last night/early morning, allegedly by juvenile delinquents. I asked the name of the bar, but she didnt know the name. She just knew it was on Pedro Clisante close to where the rock band last played. Any more info on this?

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
My guy just told me that a bar did get lit on fire in the morning. He said a new bar close to Jolly Roger. He said it wasn't as bad as the one at Jolly Roger though so that's good news... :S

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
The restaurant is called Antica Locanda and it's burned to a crisp. It's next to the Britannia Pub.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Is that the place that used to be Oh la Vache?

No. It's the place that used to be Hostaria.

If your standing in the street facing Britannia, the place that burned is to the left of Britannia. The old Oh la Veche (now "Carpe Diem") is to the right of B.

Two restaurants burned. What's going on? Glad it didn't spread.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe pull down metal shutters are needed as the open bars allow petrol bombs to be thrown inside

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The Britannia also sustained some damage from the fire but the Italian is ruined. It's a real shame as they served good food and at good prices and It's hard enough to run a business here without these problems.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Had breakfast at Britania this morning and it was the Italina place , if you are standing looking at Britania it is to the left. Britania suffer some damage, charred outside ceiling and the waitress said some of the stuff upstairs was damaged. WHAT IS GOING ON IN SOSUA. They were working on taking away the rubble from the Jolly so building will start soon and now another fire? It looked pretty crispy inside but the roof and poles were still intact unlike the Jolly. Wishing the owner and staff the best of luck

May 29, 2006
And I had an electrical fire at my Popsicle stand eight years back across from Rocky's. Luckily, I was there at the time and it didn't spread to the roof. Maybe there's someone doing electrical work in town who isn't exactly qualified.. Mine started at the meter itself. My guess is it wasn't tightened down properly and arcing caused the fire. Some guy *fixed* it by bypassing the meter with a table knife and they replaced the meter the next day. Cost me two Presidentes.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
p.plata. 1986 the Phoenix....burnt to a crisp. great bar...hotel..1$beers...80C drinks...2$ rooms 3$ rooms 5$ rooms..and one room had a/c 8$.u.s.retirees(rummies) had a tab....food was served...some rooms had bidets...had a/c in bar. could make change..some place...i was staying at a brand new hotel and would stay there and drive home in daylight for my buffet breakfast...probably still a pile of rubble..as last i looked...had a lot of interior work done to it...great fire...