Iberostar or Be Live?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I am planing another AI trip up north and I am about to book couple of nights stay at Iberostar.
Someone here at work told me Be Live Gran Marien is another good option and it's one of few AI that I haven't gone to yet. I also read good things from here also but I am wondering if I should risk the place I know that will meet my expectation of 3 1/2 stars to another unknown and possibly get disappointed. So far as AI goes how does Be Live stack up to their neighbors like VH Gren Vantana, Barcelo, Riu's and etc...?

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Koreano almost 3 years ago I stayed at BeLIVE in Punta Cana, it was in my opinion a 2-3 Star, the food was awful, if the BeLive on teh North Coast is managed like the East then maybe you also would be disapointed. -Serge

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Koreano almost 3 years ago I stayed at BeLIVE in Punta Cana, it was in my opinion a 2-3 Star, the food was awful, if the BeLive on teh North Coast is managed like the East then maybe you also would be disapointed. -Serge

There's something about PC area AI that I don't like too. Maybe it's stressful long drive from Santiago and huge clienteles of Chinese Tourists. Last two time I visited. staff thinks if you are Asian=Chinese. I never heard so many people asking "Are you Chinese? greeting us with "Ni-Hao", "I have Chinese friend and food." after telling almost every employee that we were not Chinese. I went as far as asking them "How would they feel if everybody call Dominicans, Haitians or Mexicans?" But next day still heard some "Ni-hao" from some of them. And let's not get in to last time I visited Barcelo PC end of last year... Unless I have some golf trips coming up. PC is no for me.

Iberostar "GRAND" Rocks! Tell em Torsten Jorgenson sent ya...

I always liked my previous visits to Iberostar. I always felt there's no reason for room upgrade as I find myself outside all the time. Last time I visited Barcelo in PP. It was so bad, I paid for upgrade room because $50 note didn't work and I had room service for food.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I liked be live when we stated at it 2 years ago, I would go back.

Still debating if i should give them a try. But at $90/person be Iberostar is almost too good to pass them. I still have few more days.
I will wait for more opinions.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
If you have always had good times at Iberostar maybe don't take the chance lol! Are the prices similar?

I think so. I haven't checked out prices yet, but I can't imagine it can be too much differences. The thing about Iberostar thus far had been somewhat consistent then others. Especially, I find that drinks doesn't have same taste like most of the PP AI places I had gone to. In other places all the cocktails have same taste no matter what I ordered, and buffet is slightly better then others as well. This is the place that had changed my wife's views on all PP resorts. It's all "same crappy" to "decent/good". But I guess it's time for us to find some place else. So far we have two places. Although rooms are crappy we LOVE Las Canas for price, absolute quietness and getaway from all kind of thing and we like Iberostar for AI.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Iberostar hands down. Be live is a dump as are most AI's in POP but in the summer it's even worse with the influx of local clients as they really really water down the drinks and the food quality go down the toilet. At least Iberostar tries to keep their quality level consistent, even if the price is a little more expensive at Iberostar it's still better than Be Live but the pool is nicer at Be live.

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
I have been to the Iberostar in POP 7 times. Food was always very good, drinks were as they should be. The entertainment at night usually was very entertaining also. The rooms are nothing special but always very clean and the air always worked.
I was at the Barcelo this January, and i would not recommend that resort. Food was average at best, atmosphere just seemed a bit off, can't put my finger on why.
I am going to stay at Be Live this October for 2 weeks for the first time. Not that i don't like the Iberostar but just to try something different. I hope it is almost as good as Iberostar. There is a big price difference. 2 weeks at Be Live is $1550. Iberostar is about $1900.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I have been to the Iberostar in POP 7 times. Food was always very good, drinks were as they should be. The entertainment at night usually was very entertaining also. The rooms are nothing special but always very clean and the air always worked.
I was at the Barcelo this January, and i would not recommend that resort. Food was average at best, atmosphere just seemed a bit off, can't put my finger on why.
I am going to stay at Be Live this October for 2 weeks for the first time. Not that i don't like the Iberostar but just to try something different. I hope it is almost as good as Iberostar. There is a big price difference. 2 weeks at Be Live is $1550. Iberostar is about $1900.

This is why I am going to give Be Live a shot.

Will we regret it?
I don't know but I guess we should give them at least a chance. I've noticed that many do better serve their clients at busy seasons but what Iberostar stand out to me was when I visited them at low season. In my experience, service were not equal as busy season but not off by too much whenever I went(3 1/2 stars to 3 stars).

This being low season giving Be Live a shot will be good yardstick to judge them. If they are like their neighbors at Playa Dorada on low seasons, no other AI Resort than Iberostar for me on up north.

Jan 9, 2004
This is why I am going to give Be Live a shot.

Will we regret it?
I don't know but I guess we should give them at least a chance. I've noticed that many do better serve their clients at busy seasons but what Iberostar stand out to me was when I visited them at low season. In my experience, service were not equal as busy season but not off by too much whenever I went(3 1/2 stars to 3 stars).

This being low season giving Be Live a shot will be good yardstick to judge them. If they are like their neighbors at Playa Dorada on low seasons, no other AI Resort than Iberostar for me on up north.

In my opinion, Barcelo should close and renovate....the place needs it.

Be Live is better than Barcelo....but not by a lot.

Iberostar is definitely better than Be Live.

....And I still like Chef Pepper in Santiago...until I find a better burger place in Santiago.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I think so. I haven't checked out prices yet, but I can't imagine it can be too much differences. The thing about Iberostar thus far had been somewhat consistent then others. Especially, I find that drinks doesn't have same taste like most of the PP AI places I had gone to. In other places all the cocktails have same taste no matter what I ordered, and buffet is slightly better then others as well. This is the place that had changed my wife's views on all PP resorts. It's all "same crappy" to "decent/good". But I guess it's time for us to find some place else. So far we have two places. Although rooms are crappy we LOVE Las Canas for price, absolute quietness and getaway from all kind of thing and we like Iberostar for AI.

of course all the drinks taste the same. they are all made from the sewer water made by Vinicolas Del Norte, on Avenida Colon.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
In my opinion, Barcelo should close and renovate....the place needs it.

Be Live is better than Barcelo....but not by a lot.

Iberostar is definitely better than Be Live.

....And I still like Chef Pepper in Santiago...until I find a better burger place in Santiago.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I guess I'll tell my wife expect 2 star experience. I just hope that they put limit to day pass users so we won't get too stressed out. There were time that I really enjoy a day full activities with a lot of locals. But countless of the times, most acts like they owned the place and all the foreigners. Expressions on some of the guest makes it worth it, while sipping on watered down drinks. I am going to start collecting 50-100 paso notes so I get better services at the bar.

I agree with you on Barcelo. In my opinion they were far worst value for money.

Mar 1, 2009
An yang Haseeeeooooooooo!!!!
Good luck Koreano, a friend of mine from Miami just came back from Punta Cana. He told me, "I've been to mostly the english speaking islands in the caribbean, but DR is the BEST".
He was there with his girlfriend, he said that there were so many international tourists around he couldn't believe it.
That was my shameless and thoughtless plug into another posters thread. I'm SO sorry!

LCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccc