bying car need help

dodziu

Jul 10, 2014
hi
im new in DR and i hope you can help me
im buying car in few days , from private person and i need contact to reliable lawyer in Bavaro/Punta Cana

Ive read most of the posts about it, but if you have some tips to saher during this process,i will be gratful

thanks

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
check the serial #s...dash, door and frame...look for burning oil if gas car. pay a mech w/lift...your expense...go to the tax office with seller and interpreter...get the papers stickers etc...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
hi
im new in DR and i hope you can help me
im buying car in few days , from private person and i need contact to reliable lawyer in Bavaro/Punta Cana

Ive read most of the posts about it, but if you have some tips to saher during this process,i will be gratful

thanks

The seller needs to draw up a sales contract. He needs to furnish you with a police report showing that the car has no illegal history. You need to have the registration and title and your proof on insurance. I would go with the seller to motor vehicle dept to get this done. Do not pay him the total until this is accomplished or have an attorney do this for you. Buyer beware.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Buy only Japanese cars, made IN Japan, for the American market, direct from the U.S. auction lots, never roaded in the DR.

Google the VIN numbers for mileage, repair history, owners, etc., and spreadsheet a dozen or more before buying.
You don't need a lawyer. The importer/dealer will handle all the papers.

(I'm a former international management consultant to the auto industry).

texan

Apr 1, 2014
If the car has been in the USA before you can run the car on carfax. I was looking at a car suppose to have 80,000 miles I ran it on carfax it had 280,000 miles. They bought the car from an auction in the USA, shipped it to the DR and rolled back the miles. Once it is in the DR it is a lot harder to track it's history. They do a good job on cleaning the vehicles.

Even without mechanical skills you can look your best to see body damage, to all the lines match, oil leaks, etc. I agree have a mechanic also look at it.

Also what kind of car is it? Some are easier and cheaper to find parts.

Aug 6, 2006
If it has an automatic transmission, dip the stick and look at the fluid. it should be pink. Smell it, it should not smell burnt.

dodziu

Jul 10, 2014
Thanks guys....i found mitsubishi diamante,seller did maitenance and all repairs in mitsubishi...proof in hands...will see...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
good now you can always wave at police,,give them all your other cards and carry a couple of extras pay so's but i have very rarly ever given cash to police...one or two times,,,,better to meet them in a bar later and buy them a drinky...