Dominicans call for Brewster to be sent back to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Many conservative Dominican groups are calling for the president to declare Ambassador Brewster a "persona no grata" and have him returned to the US. They are offended by his insincere statements that he did not come to the DR to promote homosexual indoctrination while he has been doing exactly that.

While Dominicans are very tolerant compared to other countries they clearly distinguish between acceptance of persons decisions and government sponsored indoctrination that conflicts with their traditional Christian beliefs. Interestingly, Brewster's ever increasing propaganda has caused two uneasy allies to come together to stand up against this foreign indoctrination, grass roots Catholic and Evangelical groups, which rarely work together.

La Informacion Digital

Grupos protestan contra la "promoci?n de la homosexualidad" - DiarioLibre.com

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Chip, I did not see the word indoctrination. Can you point me to that. Or, is that another of your inflamatory editorial comments.

The word indoctrination means a lot more than promoting acceptance.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Chip, I did not see the word indoctrination. Can you point me to that. Or, is that another of your inflamatory editorial comments.

It says "Promoting Homosexuality" not "Promoting Acceptance".

This thread will NOT degenerate into bickering and fighting or name-calling. All are forewarned.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

"se manifestaron ayer frente al Palacio Nacional contra lo que denominaron "la promoci?n de la homosexualidad en el pa?s".

Dominicans are upset because of Brewsters promotion of homosexual indoctrination here in the DR like he did in the US. Some of you think Dominicans don't know what is going on in the world and as such can be easily decieved but this is not the case.

Furthermore, I posted two articles but there are many more that discusss homosexual indoctrination. Here is another one for you:

Rep?blica Dominicana: pieza codiciada por el movimiento GLBT - Acento - El m?s ?gil y moderno diario electr?nico de la Rep?blica Dominicana

In this instance it would appear the foreigners are the ones who are confused about "tolerance" vs "indoctrination", however it is projection to suggest Dominicans are equally ignorant of the difference of these terms.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
How a group of people celebrating their lifestyle among others like them could be considered "indoctrination" baffles me. Indoctrination ain't gonna work on someone who wasn't already born gay.

Put me in a room full of homosexuals and I will leave dreaming of chicas. Nothing could ever change that. And attending a Gay Rights parade (by force, of course, because you would never catch me at one voluntarily lip-syncing "YMCA" with a leather thong-clad barbershop quartet) isn't suddenly going to make me take down my posters of Eva Angelina and replace them with one of Freddy Mercury belting out "Radio GA GA " at Wembley Stadium.

As for the US ambassador, he should be doing his job of whatever it is ambassadors do instead of going to a foreign country and knowingly causing problems.

Let the Dominican people decide how they feel about this issue. Why does he feel he needs to be the face of the Gay Rights Movement in a country he doesn't live in, and will no longer visit once he is relieved of his position?

This is what I mean about the glaring mediocrities we have in government who go out into the world and do more harm than good.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
How a group of people celebrating their lifestyle among others like them could be considered "indoctrination" baffles me.

Put me in a room full of homosexuals and I will leave dreaming of chicas. Nothing could ever change that. And attending a Gay Rights parade (by force, of course) isn't suddenly going to make me take down my poster of Eva Angelina and replace it with one of Freddy Mercury.

This is not a difficult concept - tolerance vs indoctrination.

Dominicans are quite aware of the consequences of teaching young children they must be gay based only on appearance.

As for the US ambassador, he should be doing his job of whatever it is ambassadors do instead of going to a foreign country and knowingly causing problems.

Let the Dominican people decide how they feel about this issue. Why does he feel he needs to be the face of the Gay Rights Movement in a country he doesn't live in, and will no longer visit once he is relieved of his position?

This is what I mean about the glaring mediocrities we have in government who go out into the world and do more harm than good.

You are right.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
How a group of people celebrating their lifestyle among others like them could be considered "indoctrination" baffles me. Indoctrination ain't gonna work on someone who wasn't already born gay.

Put me in a room full of homosexuals and I will leave dreaming of chicas. Nothing could ever change that. And attending a Gay Rights parade (by force, of course, because you would never catch me at one voluntarily lip-syncing "YMCA" with a leather thong-clad barbershop quartet) isn't suddenly going to make me take down my posters of Eva Angelina to replace them with ones of Freddy Mercury.

When ambassadors are appointed as political favours and not selected from the professional foreign service personnel, that have been trained in Diplomacy that's what happens. The USA is not the only country that has this problem.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
This is not a difficult concept - tolerance vs indoctrination.

It is if you don't understand the differences between the two, or just don't want to.

Dominicans are quite aware of the consequences of teaching young children they must be gay based only on appearance.

While I do not agree with the ambassadors' agenda in this particular instance, this is NOT what he is engaging in.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
When ambassadors are appointed as political favours and not selected from the professional foreign service personnel, that have been trained in Diplomacy that's what happens. The USA is not the only country that has this problem.

I know exactly of what you speak first-hand.

When I interned at the United Nations for a summer during high school I got a load of what these so-called "ambassadors" do. My duties became chasing around Ukrainian drunks and getting them out of jail while having to take their vomit-drenched suits to the cleaners.

One thing I quickly learned about them-they can't hold their liquor but they sure could puke up a storm, and they cared not a bit about making spectacles of themselves in a foreign country.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If the state department has told him to promote homosexuality as an ambassador, he's merely doing his job.

In that case the frustration should be aimed higher.

I can tell you that many in DR gubmint are NOT happy about this. One would think the host's wishes would trump the guests agenda.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
"se manifestaron ayer frente al Palacio Nacional contra lo que denominaron "la promoci?n de la homosexualidad en el pa?s".

Dominicans are upset because of Brewsters promotion of homosexual indoctrination here in the DR like he did in the US. Some of you think Dominicans don't know what is going on in the world and as such can be easily decieved but this is not the case.

Furthermore, I posted two articles but there are many more that discusss homosexual indoctrination. Here is another one for you:

Rep?blica Dominicana: pieza codiciada por el movimiento GLBT - Acento - El m?s ?gil y moderno diario electr?nico de la Rep?blica Dominicana

In this instance it would appear the foreigners are the ones who are confused about "tolerance" vs "indoctrination", however it is projection to suggest Dominicans are equally ignorant of the difference of these terms.

Since it has been shown in a well documented peer reviewed scientific study that there is a genetic predisposition to being a homosexual male, Dominicans are making an error based upon belief, not facts .. I have never heard of one person who was indoctrinated into being a homosexual.

Dominicans are simply incorrect in stating that one can be indoctrinated into being a homosexual when in fact there is a scientific basis for those who are homosexuals.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
CB, are you saying you believe that the US State Department told him to "promote homosexuality" ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
CB, are you saying you believe that the US State Department told him to "promote homosexuality" ?

If you google "Obama Promoting Homosexuality" you will find countless articles about his efforts to promote acceptance of the LGBT community, and he has appointed many openly gay Ambassadors.

This thread is NOT about that. The discussion here is the fact that some Dominicans are asking for the American Ambassador to the DR to be replaced.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I don't know. But:

1. If the State Department did, it's a bullspit policy, purely cultural imperialism has Merengue Dutchie as eloquently stated, and a wrongheaded policy.
  2. If they didn't then Brewer is a loose cannon and should be dealt with.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Respect

Whatever...
Why someone is gay is irrelevant here.
Fact is, that Wally is.

If he wasn't the US ambassador, nobody would care about it much.
But he is and the Dominican people do not like how he behaves.

The American government does not care that this gay official is not wanted here.
Why not exercise more respect, tact and wisdom (as this is what diplomacy should encompass) and withdraw him?!

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Whatever...
Fact is, that Wally is.

The American government does not care that this gay official is not wanted here.
Why not exercise more respect, tact and wisdom (as this is what diplomacy should encompass) and withdraw him?!

donP

Because the US President is pushing for gay rights. Simple answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Whatever...
Fact is, that Wally is.

donP

:classic: :classic: :classic:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Do I Care About Obama's Mission?

Because the US President is pushing for gay rights.

Obama can push gay rights as much as he wants to, a gay pusher then... ;)
However, to have his diplomats exercise an intelligent and respectful service seems not to be Obama's virtue.
Cowboy or gayboy diplomacy, IMO.

Why someone is gay is relevant because it changes how one must think about gay people.

Must I?
I reserve the right to think about gay people to my liking and not how Obama wants me to think about them. :classic:

donP

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And it's not like the politicians of the DR can fly the flag of integrity. Those people are some of the most amoral, corrupt manglers of public office on Earth. How they run the DR into the ground for personal gain is nothing to be proud of. Yeah, real religious these folks are.

And the reason those fine model-type university chicas have vaginas the circumference of manhole covers is because these politicians yakking out of their rears about prostitution in Sosua are the biggest whoremongers on the island. I throw this out there to give people a perspective about who these cretins really are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.