customs broker recommendations and Warning about using inpospak

DavidKramer

May 16, 2012
Been using inpospak for the past 3 years to import things from Miami. $2.40/lbs shipping rate, never had any problems. Then last month, they closed the duty and customs desk in the inposdom office, and since then it's all gone to ****.

I have $1,500 worth of merchandise stuck in customs at the airport since late May/ early June. Obviously, no one knows anything or what happened or is of any help. Apparently I'm not the only one, I've been informed they have over 200 customers with packages stuck in customs like me. So beware if you are planning on using them soon...

If you know someone who does Miami freight forwarding for small items, boat or ship (small packages, maybe a pallet once a year), PM me.

Thanks.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Its typical extortion! They know where it is, they are making you sweat before they sticker shock you!
I have a $250usd juicer in there for a month as I am still pondering paying Aduanas 10,5000 DOP tax plus the Pobidom shipping fees. The problem here is the law is a roulette table, everything in print can be changed at will without notice explanation. Obviously I would not have ordered it if it was posted that a kitchen item is subject to more than 100+% tax.
Welcome to the land without law!

Aug 6, 2006
Try Embarque Capital, 490 SE 11th Avenue, Hialeah 33010
786 334 6349 or
Junior Rodriguez 786 222-7705 (cel)\

They have somewhat erratic hours, but once you make a deal, they will follow through with it as promised.

I have used them and they were reliable and reasonable.

They have a container going to Sto Domingo about every other week, and arrival for pickup is 3-4 weeks.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
If you live there and have all the papers you are lucky but people seting up place curently and thinking thy can spend time there well may be thy
need to think twice. I do not know but it has me bumed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you live there and have all the papers you are lucky but people seting up place curently and thinking thy can spend time there well may be thy
need to think twice. I do not know but it has me bumed.

Get legal, problem solved. Enough thread highjacking, lets get back on topic.