Deep Sea Fishing in the Southwest

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
I posted this inquiry also in the Living section but felt I would like to get feedback directly at the source.

I am looking into the feasibility of working out a series of deep sea fishing trips for a group of frequent visitors to the area over the next six months. Can this be done locally ?? At one time there was some activity out of the marina in Barahona but I believe the owner of the large boat that was being used ran into some type of trouble.

kFrancis in Cabral

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Can't say about Barahona, but Boca Chica (marina Zar Par) , Casa de Campo marina, both run fishing charters out of the marinas. Im sure there are charters available from La Capital too. Figure where you want to leave from and search around the internet. You should also decide if you want to go bottom fishing or trolling for game fish. The drop off sona island is great this time of year for Dorado and white marlin.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I posted this inquiry also in the Living section but felt I would like to get feedback directly at the source.

I am looking into the feasibility of working out a series of deep sea fishing trips for a group of frequent visitors to the area over the next six months. Can this be done locally ?? At one time there was some activity out of the marina in Barahona but I believe the owner of the large boat that was being used ran into some type of trouble.

kFrancis in Cabral

You will probably have to go there for a day or two and talk to some fisherman or Charter captains that have boats big enough to accomodate a deep sea fishing party.