Domestic Air Travel

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Has anyone used this resource?

Domestic flights Dominican Republic Internal Flights

I want to fly from Punta Cana/Bavero to Barahona and it seems as though they offer one flight to Santo Domingo and another to Barahona but not all as one booking. I have a small worry that I get to Santo Domingo and the second flight does not go.

I am hoping for opinions from anyone that has used this service, or any other suggestions as to how to cross the country without many hours driving. I have taken the bus from Santo Domingo to Perdanales before and although an awesome trip through the desert, I am a bit pressed for time this trip.

ggparts

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I never had heard of them before. I would answer your question with a question: Is the Barahona airport even open and operating??

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Has anyone used this resource?

Domestic flights Dominican Republic Internal Flights

I want to fly from Punta Cana/Bavero to Barahona and it seems as though they offer one flight to Santo Domingo and another to Barahona but not all as one booking. I have a small worry that I get to Santo Domingo and the second flight does not go.

I am hoping for opinions from anyone that has used this service, or any other suggestions as to how to cross the country without many hours driving. I have taken the bus from Santo Domingo to Perdanales before and although an awesome trip through the desert, I am a bit pressed for time this trip.

ggparts

You are looking at old info. There are no regularly scheduled domestic flights in the DR. There are small charter flights which you could book privately and pay considerably for. There are few options other than bus or hire a driver.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I saw a posting on 'Everything Cabarete' Facebook page - a guy with a small plane who will fly around the island. Not near either your departure or destination though. I suspect he's a DR1er too from the name.

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Thanks for the info

I saw a posting on 'Everything Cabarete' Facebook page - a guy with a small plane who will fly around the island. Not near either your departure or destination though. I suspect he's a DR1er too from the name.

Sorry about the other forum I kinda thought it cute to post in Spanish (sorry again) also I consider it
two separate questions. One of which remains unanswered "Is the aeroport in Barahona open"?

thanks again for putting me straight on the use of this board.

ggparts

May 5, 2007

Do you have any further info or a direct link? I went to that page and could not find anything

May 5, 2007

Do you have any further info or a direct link? I went to that page and could not find anything

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
287 KM is much further in DR than in NA

Hello!
I never heard about this travel agency, even I also search it in Google about I did not get any information about these. Many
hours driving is the best solution to get out of the country, you have to make your travelling interesting. You can also travel by travelling through plan, you can buy airplane tickets for Barahona (Dominican Republic) ( airport) - Punta Cana (Dominican Republic), the distance between both these place is 287 kilometers. You can easily travel by any way the distance is not very far.

Not sure if you have traveled by road in this country but I have, lots. Bus to Santo Domingo is like 4 hours and at least that long again to Barahona. That makes this distance is an all day adventure at the least even if driving yourself (I have driven many many kms of DR highways and byways) I have only 7 days to visit this time and my best Dominican friend has moved and I was hoping to spend one day/night catching up and would have been willing to spend a little $$ in an attempt to enjoy his company is all. Thanks for all the comments, we have communicated with the agency referred to in my original post and there are in fact no domestic flight that will take me to Barahona.