Travel to samana by car from punta cana

palmj

Dec 27, 2011
What will be the safest way to travel to samana from punta cana by car. I will rent a car to travel for five days.
Thanks for your input.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
If you are not a seasoned DR driver I would take the main highways to Santo Domingo and then pick up RT 7 which is the Santo Domingo -Samana Highway North. This is out before you reach Las Americas Airport. Where on the Samana Peninsual are you going? If you are going to Samana City than you pick up Rt 5 where Rt 7 ends and take a right going east. Follow this road all the way. This drive is probably a minimum of 5.5 to 6 hours.

palmj

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks

If you are not a seasoned DR driver I would take the main highways to Santo Domingo and then pick up RT 7 which is the Santo Domingo -Samana Highway North. This is out before you reach Las Americas Airport. Where on the Samana Peninsual are you going? If you are going to Samana City than you pick up Rt 5 where Rt 7 ends and take a right going east. Follow this road all the way. This drive is probably a minimum of 5.5 to 6 hours.

Would like to get a hotel room to rent near the beach and enjoy the sites

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Would like to get a hotel room to rent near the beach and enjoy the sites

It doesn't sound like you are familiar with Samana City. If you want nice beach and activities I would suggest you go to Las Terrenas not Samana City. In Las Terrenas stay at the Hotel Colibri or Hotel Aliesi. They both are located across from the beach.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
using #7 the whole way you will be about 1 1/2 hrs from the SDQ airport

Tolls = almost 1,000 pesos........ pleasant , easy drive once out of SD