New in dr1 and want to move to DR - Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenChen

Jul 18, 2014
Buenos D?as, Buenas Tardes Y Buenas Noches.

Mis amigos me llaman Stephen, se pronuncia Sti-Ven.

Tengo 26 anos, Soy Homosexual y Masculino y vivo en la bonita ciudad de New York, para ser mas exacto, vivo en la ciudad de Manhattan, soy un joven sencillo, maduro y independiente, aunque realmente si les confieso que me fascina la idea de ganarme la loter?a y tener millones, pero al fin, no cuesta nada sonar.

Trabajo en un restaurante Italiano en la ciudad de Manhattan como supervisor, y en mi tiempo libre me lo dedico a estar en mi casa tranquilo, compartir unas cervezas con los muchachos del barrio y pas?rmela tranquilo.

Ya que conocen un poco de quien soy, les contare el porque escrib? este comunicado, para ser mas claros, les anticipo que no soy millonario ni mucho menos puedo decir que vivo una vida lujosa, soy un simple joven trabajador como cualquier otro joven de cualquier ciudad o familia, con la excepci?n de que vivo en Estados Unidos y solo es nada mas es un privilegio y una ventaja a la calidad de vida.

Llevo varios meses analizando la posibilidad de tomarme un viaje sin regreso por varios meses, pero hacia donde me ir?a? lo primero que tendr?a que tomar en cuenta es la econom?a, y el intercambio de dolar en general y de todos los lugares que e tomado en cuenta, La Rep?blica Dominicana es el lugar que me llama la atenci?n.

Ando en busca de amigos y personas que me puedan ayudar con informaci?n. Al fin me gustar?a mudarme y estar unos 4 o 5 meses en la RD, posiblemente hasta conseguirme un empleo y tener la oportunidad de disfrutar la vida local. Al momento conozco muy poco sobre las opciones de vivienda, conozco bien que existen hoteles, pero seamos realista, no soy millonario para poder costearme un hotel, y para poder disfrutar de la vida local prefiero conseguir una casa o apartamento a nivel del costo com?n de la gente local de la isla.

Al fin ya tienen una que otra idea, si les parece interesante mi historia por favor env?en un mensaje.

10420091_625600354202547_5101191820057543732_n.jpg

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos D?as, Buenas Tardes Y Buenas Noches.

Mis amigos me llaman Stephen, se pronuncia Sti-Ven.

Tengo 26 anos, Soy Homosexual y Masculino y vivo en la bonita ciudad de New York, para ser mas exacto, vivo en la ciudad de Manhattan, soy un joven sencillo, maduro y independiente, aunque realmente si les confieso que me fascina la idea de ganarme la loter?a y tener millones, pero al fin, no cuesta nada sonar.

Trabajo en un restaurante Italiano en la ciudad de Manhattan como supervisor, y en mi tiempo libre me lo dedico a estar en mi casa tranquilo, compartir unas cervezas con los muchachos del barrio y pas?rmela tranquilo.

Ya que conocen un poco de quien soy, les contare el porque escrib? este comunicado, para ser mas claros, les anticipo que no soy millonario ni mucho menos puedo decir que vivo una vida lujosa, soy un simple joven trabajador como cualquier otro joven de cualquier ciudad o familia, con la excepci?n de que vivo en Estados Unidos y solo es nada mas es un privilegio y una ventaja a la calidad de vida.

Llevo varios meses analizando la posibilidad de tomarme un viaje sin regreso por varios meses, pero hacia donde me ir?a? lo primero que tendr?a que tomar en cuenta es la econom?a, y el intercambio de dolar en general y de todos los lugares que e tomado en cuenta, La Rep?blica Dominicana es el lugar que me llama la atenci?n.

Ando en busca de amigos y personas que me puedan ayudar con informaci?n. Al fin me gustar?a mudarme y estar unos 4 o 5 meses en la RD, posiblemente hasta conseguirme un empleo y tener la oportunidad de disfrutar la vida local. Al momento conozco muy poco sobre las opciones de vivienda, conozco bien que existen hoteles, pero seamos realista, no soy millonario para poder costearme un hotel, y para poder disfrutar de la vida local prefiero conseguir una casa o apartamento a nivel del costo com?n de la gente local de la isla.

Al fin ya tienen una que otra idea, si les parece interesante mi historia por favor env?en un mensaje.

10420091_625600354202547_5101191820057543732_n.jpg

Your post was a little rambling and a little unusual in its content. None the less, I would suggest you vacation in the DR and see what it is like . Moving to any foreign country is a big endevour and although the exchange rate is favorable to the US dollar you will not find it cheap to live here. To work legally in the DR you would need to have a temporary residency status working towards permanent residency. The process for temporary residency could take up to a year to achieve, involves a lawyer and documents which originate in NY. You may want to go to the Dominican Consulate in NYC and see what the requirements are. I don't think you will find a large gay population in the DR. Santo Domingo would most likely be your destination. Good luck

StephenChen

Jul 18, 2014
Dear LTsteve I apologize for not being very specific, I should have specified that the stay would be temporary and any type of work would be either on my own as tutor as a volunteer

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Stephen,
What you want to do is certainly possible & the expenses don't need to be that high.
Do you have a feeling for whether you want to be in the capital (big city), Santiago (about 1 million people), or in an area that's a little more touristy such as Las Terrenas, Cabarete/Sosua, etc?

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I believe Chen is Korean? On the off-chance that the surname and you are Chinese, and that you speak Chinese as well, the possibilities, in my mind, are enhanced. Whatever the case, knowing the 2 main languages and a third oriental is a definite advantage. We have our own Koreano on this forum. He may have insight beyond what has been posted so far.

Of course, none of the former may apply. What does apply is my best wishes for the outcome you are looking for..

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Dear LTsteve I apologize for not being very specific, I should have specified that the stay would be temporary and any type of work would be either on my own as tutor as a volunteer

Coming here to volunteer, is fine, if it is for the right reasons. Many come to volunteer to put it on their resume'.

The DR is in the process of changing their immigration laws and it is possible down the road that you may not be

able to come here for an extended stay without at least temporary residency. Again, talk to the people at the DR

Consulate in NYC and see what kind of solid info they can give you. With your Spanish skills it would be very easy to fit in.

Buenos Suarte

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I always wonder, gays want to be treated 'normal' right, why would you start a thread with in the title you are gay and in the first sentence stating you're homosexual?

Just confirming that it's not normal, and you know it?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No one here cares about your "Sex Life"!
Why the need to post it???????
"Agendas" get in the way!
You are welcome here.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCris CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCColon

ps.,....judging by your picture, you are NOT a "Top Man"???????

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Geez ! Simply because it is sexual orientation may affect its choices of relocation in DR (would you advise him to relocate with his boyfriend en el campo ?). The same way retirees state it since it changes a few things in their choices and needs.

Damn, Chip, good job !!!!!!

DR1 rule for future new comer: Don't mention you are black or gay. If you both, don't even introduce yourself on DR1 :)

Last edited:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If you are Chinese...........
AND happen to be a good cook (Chinese authentic)...............
You have a job at my house waiting for you.............
And...........I AM NOT GAY...........
Just looking for excellent Chinese cooking..............

B in Santiago

Welcome to dr1 since I can't read Spanish all
I know is you are gay and good looking. Lol

SD has many gay clubs if you are interested in that kinda of thing, I live on the North Coast which has some gay people but no gay clubs. If you need any help with gay stuff or questions about the NC feel free to private message me. (When you have 10 posts since you can't PM people till then) My wife is a lesbian and well I am... Queer.

Please be careful of the gay hustlers, it can get dangerous for tourists sometimes.

Mauricio it is important for some gay people to have a community so that could be why he put that. If they want to be around tons of gay people Gaspar Herneandez would not be the spot etc...

PS someone said there isn't a big gay population here, oh there is.....

Last edited:

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Please don't be put off by all these negative comments. It's fine to mention your sexuality on here, there are plenty of guys who go on and on and on about chicas.

I'm gay and I would suggest you come to the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo. I think it's one of the gayest places on the planet and I've travelled a lot. There is a strong expat gay community here, there are quite a few gay bars and there is a large crowd of gay people who meet on Parque Duarte every weekend. The Colonial Zone is also one of the safest locations on the island, and you have the best employment opportunities in Santo Domingo. Plus IKEA and Carrefour and all those designer shops in Blue Mall (us gay guys love to shop).

Avoid places like Boca Chica and Sosua, which are very much aimed at straight guys who want to meet chicas. I think the DR is generally a very warm accepting culture, I've never experienced any homophobia and never come across anyone who has.

Status
Not open for further replies.